rank

• Reported By: Kathy — Englewood Colorado United States of America
Prado
14301 N. 87th Street Suite #106 Scottsdale, Arizona United States of America

Prado Smoke Freely Theft, lying, untrustworthy Scottsdale, Arizona

Go to smokefreely.com and find a nightmare.  I wanted to make myself a little heathier by kicking a bad habit.  (again)  I received product one day before vacation and the battery charger was defective.
I call and no problem, they'll ship a new one out.  Six days later I'm back from vacation.  The next day I find I have a $149.95 charge on my debt card.  If you look at their website it says Charges will appear on your bank statement as electriccig8776473735".  I assumed it was for the $7.95 shipping charge.
I called the number and argued with them and they said I went past the 14 days trial, (and that starts the minute they have your bank card info) and they don't give refunds.  I could keep the product and they'll give me $75.00 back.  I instisted I talk to a manager and ten minutes later I'm told he'll give me $100.00 back but they get $50.00.
They'll try and tell you about the 14 day rule, and their full of it.  No where on that website does it say about returning product by any certain date.
Ripoff report has a report from a consumer with a very good suggestion.  Dated May 17, 2011.  Cancel your debt card.
Another consumer said they kept charging him $69.95 every couple days even though he had a cancelation number.
Thanks for letting me vent.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2011 07:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prado/Scottsdale-Arizona-85260/Prado-Smoke-Freely-Theft-lying-untrustworthy-Scottsdale-Arizona-744332. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prado