Complaint Review: Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc., and subsidiaries

• Updated: Tue, August 17, 2010

• Reported By: teri — nevada Iowa United States of America
Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc., and subsidiaries
One Pre-Paid Way Ada, OK 74820 Ada, Oklahoma United States of America

Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc., and subsidiaries Law firms in IA and TN assigned to provide legal services lawyer stated my explanation of being raped as "outrageous" and accused me of being untruthful Ada , Oklahoma

ACLU referred me to Pre-Paid Legal Services.  I was bounced back and forth between law firms in IA (where I live) and TN (where I was drugged, beat, and raped).  Then the TN law firm decided I would have to come up $15,000.00, knowing I am disabled with Multiple Sclerosis.  I called Pre-Paid Legal and asked for my money back because neither law firm was willing to help me.  I recieved a phone call from the "attorney resources" office where I was told an attorney would look into my situation and get back to me.  I never heard back from them.  I called the IA law firm stating I had the ability to get the money they requested.  Attorney Frank Steinbach contacted me stating he knew I would be unable to repay a loan.  I insisted that I had the evidence to prosecute the two men who assaulted me.  After 20 minutes of trying to explain how I was assaulted, Mr. Steinbach stated my case was without merit.  I asked him what he was implying.  He told me my "story was outrageous". I stated if he thought I was lying he should look at my evidence that proves my case.  He refused to do that and stated he would not`represent me.  On August 13th, I received a letter from Linda A. Brown, manager of Customer Care.  She wrote that I was "unable to effectively communicate with an attorney".  She went on to blame me of "having difficulty understanding and cooperating with their advice".  I was described as "unable, unwilling, or incapable of accepting or understanding legal advice" and that my membership was being canceled.  (I have a master's degree and taught communication techniques to college students).  I have been humiliated by these people who were supposed to help me.  Being raped is awful and once is enough.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2010 06:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pre-Paid-Legal-Services-Inc-and-subsidiaries/Ada-Oklahoma-74820/Pre-Paid-Legal-Services-Inc-and-subsidiaries-Law-firms-in-IA-and-TN-assigned-to-provide-632509. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc., and subsidiaries