Complaint Review: Pre Paid Legal Services Inc

• Submitted: Sun, February 10, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, July 21, 2010

• Reported By:san antonio Texas
Pre Paid Legal Services Inc
Main Street, Ada, Oklahoma U.S.A.

Pre Paid Legal Services Inc You will NEVER recieve a renewal check! Ada Oklahoma

*General Comment: That's not been my experience

First let me say I was with the company since its inception of network marketing in the 80's. I was involved with Prepaid legal since 1983-2003 and sold thousands of memberships many on a group basis to school districts and municipalities which I opened and seviced for the company as an independent contractor before the membership was as known as it is today.

As a matter of fact When I started it was sold as an auto club membership for eight dollars a month! It was attorney of choice and provided legal defense for traffic violations. I went to hawaii in 1984 as a top individual producer. My father recruited me and my younger brother into the business.
We went to work the first time and had been responsible for over 17,000 sales then the company stopped paying commissions. They told us to be patient and keep servicing our groups for no commissions. The Company told us that one day they would be back in Texas and when they came back they would take care of all of those faithful associates who carried them through the tough times. Well needless to say they did comeback as you know and I naively signed up again under the downline and encouragement of Wilburn Smith, a very big mistake. Wilburn is the biggest brown noser up there next to Mark Brown an Dave Savula, I suppose those are the three millionaires that the other rr report refers to. I say this because guess who got all of the groups I opened and serviced when ppl came back. It wasn't me that is certain. The company conveniently reassigned those groups to their golden boys; Savula and Brown. They also asked my dad to sign away his founders club agreement entitling him to a share of 1% of the mktg companies profit under the false pretense that it was not worth anything(I think they gave him six hundred or so). They also terminated my fathers associate agreement because someone said he was doing something else and he tried to recruit them into it. Then pplsi proceded to terminate my father (A Founding Executive Advisor)because of hearsay and Mr. Stand up guy Wilburn Smith The pres just wartched like a bump on the log. I have completely disassociated myself with this company. I know there are charge backs but when you sell thousands of memberships some will remain and I will tell I have not recieved a report or a check of any kind from this company in years . They are waiting for you to just fade away. If anyone has had a similar expirience I believe a good class action lawsuit is what they need to help them keep the promises they have made. For those looking at this as a new business I not a dream killer. I write this so you may learn from my expirience. PPL was my first dream after high school , I did f/t at 19 quit my job and made a good living. However when the company fails you , you fail. Good Luck and Good Selling!
Raymond L

Ppl pioneer
san antonio, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2008 11:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pre-Paid-Legal-Services-Inc/Ada-Oklahoma/Pre-Paid-Legal-Services-Inc-You-will-NEVER-recieve-a-renewal-check-Ada-Oklahoma-307878. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pre Paid Legal Services Inc

#1 General Comment

That's not been my experience

AUTHOR: dan the man with the plan - (United States of America)

Funny, I've been getting renewal checks since one year after I joined, which was 2003. Still getting them, and they keep getting bigger.