Complaint Review: Pre Paid Legal

• Phone: 800-654-7757
  • Web:
  • Category: Lawyers

Pre Paid Legal Legal Sheild Took money from my bank account Ada, Oklahoma

I responded to an ad for Pre-Paid Legal aka Legal Shield for a sales position and was contacted by a rep named Travis Anderson. He took my application over the phone and asked for my bank account info so I could get paid via electronic transfer.

About a week later without notice or authorization payments of $10 and $17 were deducted from my checking account. I immediately called my bank and stopped the payment then contacted Legal Shield and Travis Anderson. They claimed these were fees I was "disclosed" as part of the application process when in fact nothing about payments were ever discussed.

At this point Legal Shield claims they will issue me a refund in 15 days but since I don't trust them I have placed a stop payment on my account and will probably have to go through the hassle of opening a new one.

Don't give these people any personal info and don't trust them, especially Travis Anderson who is a liar and a crook.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2012 04:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pre-Paid-Legal/Ada-Oklahoma-74820/Pre-Paid-Legal-Legal-Sheild-Took-money-from-my-bank-account-Ada-Oklahoma-839812. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pre Paid Legal