tent

• Updated: Thu, June 26, 2008

• Reported By:burlington Kentucky
PrePaid Legal Services
Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A.

PrePaid Legal Services They totally BIG TALK you , Tell you lies to get you hooked, anything you want to hear! total SCAMMERS! Lexington Kentucky

*Consumer Comment: "Pre-Paid Legal" - Be very careful

*Consumer Comment: SORRY lady who talks to ANYONE for 5 hours - very bad choices on both parties parts

*UPDATE Employee: Poor Judgement by an associate

I had an ad on craigslist advertising for the need for an attorney to help me get my X off his butt to sign this land contract he fails to sign for over 9 years! This guy from prepaid calls me and takes up my precious time for over 5 hours!!! Telling me they could very easily put him in jail. I told him they couldnt because his parents were in with the judge, owned half the county, owned the 4-H fairgrounds, owned the Extenstion center, the cops, etc....and i was out of luck!

He talked me into purchasing a $50.00 plan a month, and an attorney called me, told me he would only charge me 100.00. to file. He ended up charging me 500.00 and wants MORE!!!! and STILL has not FILED!!!! I only make 565.00 a month on disabilty, and my X still refuses to sign this land contract so i can get work done on my home. THIS IS my only child support@! he refuses to pay me a cent to help my children!!or with their medical or their schooling or anything else and he makes good money.
I am so upset all the time and literally my hands are tied. The court refuses to help me because they are in kahoots with the courts.

Astar4u
burlington, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2008 03:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PrePaid-Legal-Services/Lexington-Kentucky-41042/PrePaid-Legal-Services-They-totally-BIG-TALK-you-Tell-you-lies-to-get-you-hooked-anythi-338264. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PrePaid Legal Services

"Pre-Paid Legal" - Be very careful

AUTHOR: Sheena - (U.S.A.)

I have listened to 3 people who work (or have worked for) Pre Paid Legal (I live in Virginia Beach, VA). All 3 of these individuals tried to "run game" on me about what they offer and how great their services are. I laughed in each of their faces. MY opinons/thoughts are certainly not helping you in your situation now. However, perhaps what you've gone through will make you very cautious in the future when dealing with companies such as this. Sorry I can't offer any advice - but I just wanted to put my 2 cents in. Best of luck to you.

AUTHOR: Vj - (U.S.A.)

Listen lady, you're looking for high quality legal representation on CRAIGS LIST? Come-on!? Sounds like you were more than willing to talk for 5 hours (!!!!??) to have an ear to listen to & maybe get free legal advise - not a great plan. a GOOD attorney is going to charge you more AN HOUR than you make a MONTH, so you've got to expect what you pay for. PPL associates DON"T (OR SHOULDN'T) be giving out legal advise. I've had a membership with pre-paid legal for years & it's the best investement I've made (but it's not meant to solve every situaiton for free). Your legal situation may be "unsolvable" (at least for FREE)...so be realistic! Bad job on the associates part first, for talking for 5 hours & 2nd for giving advise (if he/she did) -

Poor Judgement by an associate

AUTHOR: Socalcreations - (U.S.A.)

Astar4u,

Your experience can only be blamed on the associate who OVER SOLD you the PrePaid Legal plan. We have training programs for our associates to prevent the over selling or promise of what the plans can do. Associates are not lawyers, but are representatives of a legal service. As with any product or service there are sales associates who do not take the time to learn their product or over promise their product. I am afraid this was your situation.

However your product is not a bad product, and I am not a lawyer or event trying to represent one, but it seems to me that your particular issue resides in Area 5 of the PrePaid Legal services, which is the 25% discount.

Not all services or areas of law can be covered under the basic or extended family plan, which is why there is this Area 5. Area 5 offers a 25% discount on ANY other area of law not in the basic plans. It provides for your providing law firm to negotiate with another firm, if needed, or to use one of their highly specialized high price attorneys from your providing firm to be used at a minimum of 25% off of what that attorney would normally cost. In many cases this discount could be substantially more, but at least 25% off.

I would suggest highly for you to contact PrePaid Legal to help you understand your particular plan and find out its bonus and limitations before canceling. I would also give them the associate name and their associate number to our corporate offices so that person can be identified and properly delt with.

We don't want the great services of PrePaid Legal to be tarnished by overly aggressive associates to make their quick buck. Do yourself and our company a favor and please identify your experience and issues with our corporate offices. They can be reached at http://wserver0.prepaidlegal.com/newCorp2/contact_us.html