Complaint Review: Precise Auto Protection

• Reported By: anonymous — Austin Texas
Precise Auto Protection
Internet, California USA

Precise Auto Protection cannot be trusted Internet California

Precise Auto Protection cold-called me saying that I had to decide on that call if I would pay for an extended auto warranty for my car that the original warranty had run out on. They then told me the VIN # of my car, which they claimed only companies authorized by my dealer would know. I signed up only to find out from my dealer that anyone can get the VIN # of cars whose warranties are expiring - and that in fact, my dealer knew NOTHING about Precise Auto Protection! I then called them back to cancel my policy because they lied to me, and they told me that they needed a notarized letter from me with the policy #, etc. cancelling the policy and that I would get a refund in 30 days. I then called my credit card company and they initiated a conference call with Precise, and confirmed what they told me before. I mailed the notarized letter and cancellation information required and waited 33 days - no refund. I called Precise and they told me that my cancellation was processed 30 days prior and that I should get the credit that week. I did not get the credit within 35 days and called my credit card company back and started a formal dispute resolution process that they said could take 45 days. Precise still owes me more than $3200 and I have no assurance when (if??) I'll get my money back!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2013 09:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Precise-Auto-Protection/Internet-California/Precise-Auto-Protection-cannot-be-trusted-Internet-California-1059379. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Precise Auto Protection