ethics

• Reported By: Johnnydollar — Loleta California
Precise Auto Protection
, Select State/Province USA

Precise Auto Protection Forced my wife to buy policy Nationwide

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: The confusion in this post and many more - Please Read

*Consumer Comment: Not force

Jason Garcia with Precision Auto Protection "COLD CALLED" my wife and basicly forced her into purchasing a auto warranty for her car. When I got home, she explained what see did, and I was very upset, we always talk over anything like that.

I called the company explained I wanted to cancel the polci they started giving me the runaround. I was told to call back the following week.

I called the following week and wa given the same old runaround, was told to call back on August 1, (today) which I did, and again was told to call back next week.

I did cancel my credit card..but it's the hassel that I am going thru with this RIPOFF company.

I contacted 3 Gm dealerships locally, and they DO NOT recongize this company as a authorized warranty company. So warning to all be careful , be very careful.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2013 06:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Precise-Auto-Protection/Select-StateProvince/Precise-Auto-Protection-Forced-my-wife-to-buy-policy-Nationwide-1072276. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Precise Auto Protection

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

The confusion in this post and many more - Please Read

AUTHOR: Compliance Department - ()

I would like to point out that something is wrong with this post.  This consumer posted a complaint about Precise Auto Protection and because he was not careful while doing it this is now effecting our company. Our company names are very similar, if you read the header of this consumer’s complaint you will see that it addresses the company name Precise Auto Protection.

"Precise Auto Protection Forced my wife to buy policy nationwide".  In addition to the title the consumer also adds the company's telephone number and when you call that company number it does in fact go to Precise Auto Protection.

But when the consumer starts typing up the body of the complaint he puts the company name Precision Auto Protection, instead of using the true company that he purchased his contract from which again is Precise Auto Protection.

Now my company is Precision Auto Protection and we are not based in CA like Precise Auto Protection and we do not force anyone into buying our vehicle service contracts.  We are now considering a name change due to this business owner setting up a business with a name so close to ours and then running a business to the point of having an F Rating with the Better Business Bureau where our BBB Rating is an A+ after being in business for 6 years helping consumers.

This is causing our company major problems because consumers are mistakenly contacting our business looking for their refunds or to cancel their policies with Precise.  When we ask them for their contract number it doesn’t pull up because it is not in our system nor is it even setup in the same format as our company's contract numbers.    We provide these consumers with the telephone number for Precise and tell them to call there.

But the biggest problem is when consumers are doing research on our company all of the complaints about Precise Auto Protection come up and the consumers do not see the different in the spelling of the company name, again because they are close.  We are losing potential clients because of this.

So I wanted everyone that reads this Rip off Report to notice the mistake that this consumer made when typing up the body of the complaint.  Again the company here is Precise Auto Protection that took advantage of this consumer and many, many, more.  If there is any doubt in what I am saying check the Better Business Bureau website for both companies.

Our company Precision Auto Protection is not Precise Auto Protection, we are not associated with this company or the owner of it.  We are not providing a disservice to consumers and our rating with the BBB shows this.  Please respond to me with any questions or comments by emailing me at compliance@precisionautoprotection.com

Not force

AUTHOR: coast - ()

She was not forced. She was coerced.