Complaint Review: Precision Camera

• Reported By: Dave — marysville Ohio
Precision Camera
7 Anngina Drive Enfield, Connecticut USA

Precision Camera Didn't repair but still charged me. Enfield Connecticut

I contacted Presision Camera via the internet and got a quote for $200 to adjust my camera's autofocus. I had run many tests and my Sony A65 was definately "backfocusing". All my lenses were doing the same thing so I had determined it was the camera. I is widely acknowledged that Sony has a problem in this area.

I prepaid my $200 as required by Presision and shipped it off. Their online status system showed that it arrived and there it sat for over two weeks. I finally called them and asked what was going on and they told me they would find out. Amazingly it was completed and shipped out that day.

It arrived in a few days with a note attached that the autofocus was within spec. It was obviuos they did  not do anything to my camera because it was still "backfocusing".

I called them and told them it was still backfocusing and they suggested I send it back in. I did. Again they sent it back with a note it was within tolerance. It was still backfocusing.

I decided to send it to Sony. They gave me a quote of $150. I already spent $200 with Precision. I emailed Precision asking them for a refund since the didn't fix the camera. They did not respond.

I just want my camera fixed. Since Precision did not fix my camera and it obviously has a problem, I expect a refund so I can afford to send it to Sony.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2014 06:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Precision-Camera/Enfield-Connecticut-06082/Precision-Camera-Didnt-repair-but-still-charged-me-Enfield-Connecticut-1166857. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Precision Camera