Complaint Review: Precision Camera

• Updated: Fri, September 09, 2011

• Reported By: Amanda — Belleville Michigan United States of America
Precision Camera
3 Anngina Dr Enfield, Connecticut United States of America

Precision Camera Theft of component parts of equipment to be repaired, refuses to return these vital components Enfield , Connecticut

My digital camera was sent to this company for repair under warranty by Sony.  I was studying abroad so I had the camera sent back to my parent's place.  After I got back 6 months later I tried to turn on the camera only to find out they had removed the battery which to replace costs 25% of the price of the camera.  Not only can I not verify the repair, my camera is absolutely unable to be used without this power source.  Upon notifying the company, they told me that it had been too long and they refused to return property which is legally mine.  Now I have a useless camera and one of their employees has my nice new battery as a bonus for their lack of interest in their customers.  Since when is someone allowed to steal from you because you are studying in another country and haven't noticed the theft for 6 months?  Why does that make it okay to deny me of my rightful property?  If they lose part of my camera they should replace it.  And there should have been no need to take it out to begin with.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2011 09:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Precision-Camera/Enfield-Connecticut-06082/Precision-Camera-Theft-of-component-parts-of-equipment-to-be-repaired-refuses-to-return-775018. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Precision Camera