Complaint Review: Precision Carpet Care

• Reported By: heatherp82 — Fernandina Beach Florida United States of America
Precision Carpet Care
Internet, Florida United States of America

Precision Carpet Care The old bait and switch Internet, Florida

I had a coupon for From Precision Carpet Cleaning advertising two rooms and hall for $29.99. Our living room is small, just 16.5 feet by 10.5 feet and when all the furniture is in place, theres barely enough room to move around. The large seven-foot sofa, entertainment center, corner hutch and bookcase were not going to be moved, and my recliner also takes up a good section of carpet as well. The hallway is also small, measuring just 3.5 by 16, so basically our job was for ONE room and a hallway.

The technician did some figuring on his clipboard, verified that we wanted the pet stains removed and proceeded to tell us the job would cost $164.95. I could not believe my ears! By the end of his practiced spiel, I told him I didnt appreciate the bait and switch tactics and he could just take his machine and leave. I was too incensed to continue the conversation so I left the room and let my husband deal with the shysters. When the finagling was through, he paid $45 for a basic cleaning with no stain removal. The two technicians were only in our home about 15 or 20 minutes. I am now going to have to rent a rug machine and finish the job myself. I probably would have done better to do that in the first place but I thought professionals might do a better job. Yeah, right!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2012 09:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Precision-Carpet-Care/Internet-Florida-/Precision-Carpet-Care-The-old-bait-and-switch-Internet-Florida-979030. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Precision Carpet Care