Complaint Review: Precision Concrete of Delaware

• Submitted: Sat, September 15, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, January 04, 2013

• Reported By: Kappa — Philadelphia Pennsylvania U.S.A.
Precision Concrete of Delaware
128 Brittany Way Bear, Delaware United States of America

Precision Concrete of Delaware Michael Durrant Unprofessional - Dishonest Bear, Delaware

*Consumer Comment: honest company

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Precision concrete

Hello,

I recently hired Michael Durrant, owner of Precision Concrete of Delaware, to install a paver patio.  Unfortunately, I have had unpleasant experiences. The quality of the patio was satisfactory (not great and not awful). There are 3 items that I am still awaiting to be repaired from the patio that was installed 1-2 weeks ago. He has to return and repair broken paver, 1 inch gap in the paver rail/edge, and railing edge needs to be pinned down better along a border of the patio.

Michael promised to me that escavated dirt was included with the original price that was quoted. Once I paid him for services, he reneged on our agreement citing that removal of escavated dirt was not part of the contract. Prior to him being paid, he promised to remove escavated dirt/debri on a Tuesday and failed to show. When I contacted him and queried about his status, he became unprofessionaly rude and innappropriate.

This business will offer you a good rate, but "You Get What You Pay For"... I would highly encourage you avoid this business.

Sincerely,
Unhappy Customer in Delaware

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2012 06:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Precision-Concrete-of-Delaware/Bear-Delaware-19701/Precision-Concrete-of-Delaware-Michael-Durrant-Unprofessional-Dishonest-Bear-Delaware-941558. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Precision Concrete of Delaware

honest company

AUTHOR: Disgusted - (U.S.A.)

I am thinking if you approached your difficulties  with this company with some reserve and patience it would work out fine. It could of just been a bad day  and whom you called was possibly stressed or maybe you were stressed out.I have had work done by this company several times at various properties and   have had no issues at all.I have always been satisfied with the quality and price.Sometimes rather than get angry and confrontational maybe you could get results with respect and politeness.Try it next time before you lose your cool and I am sure both parties will be  happy.Good luck to you.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Precision concrete

AUTHOR: Precision - (United States of America)

There is always two sides of the story so here is mine . Well I don't respond to text msgs at 130am in the morning nor do I work when it is raining outside . I went to the job several times and fixed one minor area that needed to be fixed ... A piece of the edging on the radius was not tight because the supplier sent the wrong material and it was not meant to be wrapped on a radius. As for the rail part of the edging the homeowner wanted to have place along the deck skirting and the area didn't have to be edged or the skirting all would have to be removed .. Again the home owner didn't want to do this and I agreed being he wasn't going to pay me to do so . Which brings me to the final issue at hand the dirt and excavation .. My contract was for install only the homeowner didn't want to pay for excavation .. He thought that he could put pavers on top of the area that was there I told him that the price was excavation only !!!! why is that so difficult. Yes we removed the dirt
From the area and he was to remove himself he didn't understand till the pile of dirt was there and then he changed his mind .. Wanted to cry to me call me at 2am or text me in the middle of the night cause it was gonna be a extra charge or it was gonna sit there .. When I tried to call him he wouldn't answer even when I was cashing a check by the way the bank was a 100 miles away the bank had called him and wouldn't pick up then .. I was there did all that he asked for even on Saturday and Sunday .. As for the pavers being chipped cheap pavers will do that I sent him to my supplier and he didn't want to pay the price .. Do you see the pattern here wanna keep up with the jones but want to use a coupon doing so . This by no means was a precision concrete contracted job it was a side job for my men ... I suggest that you consult a professional before you have someone do your next job not a mulch and dirt company for pavers ..