Complaint Review: Precision Door aka Garage Door Services

• Submitted: Wed, September 04, 2002
  • Updated: Fri, January 14, 2005

• Reported By:Blandford Ma
Precision Door aka Garage Door Services
Precision Door.net E. Windsor, Connecticut U.S.A.

Precision Door aka Garage Door Services ripoff of Employees E. Windsor Connecticut

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: More insider scoop

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: former field technician, I know alot of wrong doings with this company

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I have good information!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: We would love your help!

I am an employee that has left Precicsion Door due to their neglect and treatment of their employee's.

They insist on making their Technicians work unreasonable hours at a commision based pay.

Knowing that the employee cannot fight the hours because they are commision and need the money.

They also treat their employees with no respect. In many cases employee's are threatened to do things or loose there job.

I am tired of seeing this company get away with everything they do.

Every franchise is the same in how they work, in every state. That is because every person buying a franchise is either related to corporate members or very good friends.

I am writing in hopes to get in touch with Dale to help him fight this company.

I have been with this company for many years and know more than most franchise owners. I will help in anyway possible

Pam
E. Windsor, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2002 12:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Precision-Door-aka-Garage-Door-Services/E-Windsor-Connecticut-06088/Precision-Door-aka-Garage-Door-Services-ripoff-of-Employees-E-Windsor-Connecticut-28983. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Precision Door aka Garage Door Services

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

More insider scoop

AUTHOR: Christine - (U.S.A.)

Let me start by saying that I am not an ex-employee, but an ex-subcontractor for GDS. There is not a radio button for that, so I picked the closest choice.

Next, I think it is important to note that there *appears* to be 2, separate organizations - GDS and PDS. I *know* GDS uses multiple aliases, including PDS. I am unsure if PDS uses GDS's name or not. I have heard from an ex-employee that someone from GDS got their hands on PDS's business plan (perhaps they used to work for PDS), and has been using it ever since. Perhaps using 3rd party aliases is part of both organizations business plans - I do not know. So, it is *really* difficult for an outsider to tell which of these 2 companies they are dealing with. But, there really does appear to be 2 different organizations involved.

As far as I know, GDS is *not* selling franchises, so perhaps that is PDS. For further news and info, you can see bad dash justgaragedoors dot com. There is lots of useful info there.

And I agree with Brian's comments (assuming they were about GDS) - all the technicians were REALLY salesmen, totally paid by commission, and driven to produce. And, if a technician or dispatcher did meet the expected sales goals, there were punitive measures taken by a manager.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Brian - (U.S.A.)

the owner of this company is a man with little respect for himself let alone his customers, or employees. we were expected to sell complete over hauls on all our jobs. high pressure the customer into having work done that did not need repair or replacement. we were forced to work late almost always saturdays become required it was not uncommon for my day to start at 4.30am and finish at 10.00pm or 11.00 pm days on end . he promised myself and other employees that this would change but never did. for the majority of my employment there it was myself and another technician and we were expected to cover very large areas of the state. the company had good techs and for the most part the office was exellent but it was a company that counted on its staff and not its ownership to get things done .i also know of a lot of wrong doings with this company

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I have good information!

AUTHOR: Dale & April - ()

I have been tring to return your e-mail and it is blocked.Please e-mail us again. I have some reliable information for you that I'm sure you can use for various reasons. It's is very important to get in touch with you.

At this time PDS is increasing it's "listings" nationwide. They are still using fake address and illegally using names of legit companies. Let the consumer share their stories on PDS lets put a stop to the lies, scams, and diverse tactics PDS uses.

#6 UPDATE EX-employee responds

We would love your help!

AUTHOR: Dale & April - ()

I have set up a new e-mail address for this purpose. You can e-mail me at precisiondoorscam@juno.com

I have recently been getting threats and taps on my lines again, so I had no choice but to set up a new address. Please, any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

There is one thing that I wanted you to know, after working for PDS, I found that in accordance to Federal wage and hour laws, there are several things that we are also suing them for, that you yourself can sue for. 1) Any expences that you paid, that in any "real" business would not have to be reinbursed, eg. gas, cell phone, etc. 2) Even when an employee is on commissionable rate, they must provide a just payment for being "On Call" 24/7, and/or having to leave at any given hour.

I know they threaten when you don't do what they want, that's how I was fired. That day, my life was threatened along with my wifes, to this day, they will not stop harassing us nor stopping with the threats. It's amazing that until now, no one (government wise) has ever tried to do anything about them.

We can't wait to hear from you, thanks.