Complaint Review: Precision Induction Cooktop

• Updated: Mon, October 08, 2012

• Reported By: Al — Bryte California United States of America
Precision Induction Cooktop
1755 N. Butterfield Road Libertyville, Illinois United States of America

Precision Induction Cooktop Hearthware Incomplete Items shiped and Ridiculous hidden excessive shipping and handling charges Libertyville, Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: Order Help

About Sept. 19th I ordered via telephone, two "Nuwave Precision Induction Cooktops",a cast iron griddle, an Ultimate Cookware Set,and  9" and 10.5" frying pans, along with one "Nuwave White Oven Pro" after watching a television info-mercial. The ordering agent explained that, due to a special sale that day, one nuwavepic cooktop would be free and the other would cost $99.99.  The cast iron griddle was $35.85, the nuwave white oven was $77.85 and  everything else was free.  This brought the total merchandise cost to $213.69.

The invoice lists 9 separate items along with their descrition, but only eight were shipped.  After numerous efforts to contact customer service, I received an e-mail reply from a "Kelly" who explained that I got all the items I ordered of which I agreed to pay $239.85 for everything. The Main Cooking Package was a combination of the Utltimate Cookware Set and the Frying Pans.

I was not told that the total for the shipping and handling would cost me an additional $165.75!  Previously she mentioned a $65.75 P & H charge which I explained was excessive.  As a result, I changed my order by ordering a lesser  lnumber of items.  I would have never agreed to pay the $165.75 S&H charge.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2012 05:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Precision-Induction-Cooktop/Libertyville-Illinois-60048/Precision-Induction-Cooktop-Hearthware-Incomplete-Items-shiped-and-Ridiculous-hidden-exc-951422. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Precision Induction Cooktop

Order Help

AUTHOR: Hearthware Jeremy - (United States of America)

Hello, my name is Jeremy. I am the Social Media Coordinator for Hearthware, the makers of the NuWave PIC. I just want to clarify that the free gifts offered with the PIC for just the cost of shipping and processing are certainly not mandatory. While we do offer them as a free gift to our customers, those who do not wish to accept the S&P charges do have the option to decline these gifts.

I will be happy to look into the status of your missing items. If you send an email with your order information to facebook@hearthware.com, I can have our customer service managers compare your records with our own and correct any inconsistencies.

em