Complaint Review: Precision Mini Storage & Moving

• Updated: Sat, April 06, 2013

• Reported By: Adrian — Roanoke Virginia
Precision Mini Storage & Moving
11-18 Longwood Av Huntspoint, New York United States of America

Precision Mini Storage & Moving Precision Movers inc Refund not processed. Huntspoint, New York

Contacted Precision on Jan. 20th 2013 to schedule a move. Called 1-888-772-5900 and talked to Nick. We setup the move for Jan. 22nd 2013. After numerous calls and emails of the binding cost estimate, I received on one estimate with a link for electronic signature. We were told that we had 24 hours to cancel after using electronic signature. The document with the electronic signature link was sent January 20, 2013 at 10:06 am, it came to my email account January 21, 2013 at 3:28, I followed the directions Nick had given me.

Later the same day, I researched the company and found from customer reviews that they are not reliable and they broker to private haulers / movers. I kept calling on the 21st (it was Sunday) and could not get through. I called 1-888-772-5900 and talked to Nick, January 21, 2013 at about 8:30 am to cancel the move. He stated he would cancel it, and was sorry that we would not be using them. I sent an email at 9:16 am on Jan 21st to Nick cancelling the move on Jan. 22nd. Nick called later and tried to get me to still use them. After a few minute he said he would take care of it and cancel the move.

I was checking my credit card on Friday the 25th to verify if the credit had appeared for the cancellation of the move using Precision Mini Storage and Moving. It was not there. I dialed 1-888-772-5900, Choice #3, and talked to a person, I think her name was Robin. She stated that, the credit was in front of her and that it would be entered and applied to my Amex in 3 to 5 business days. After a week I decided to call, they have had more than enough time to apply the credit. We called Precision Moving on February 5, 2013, at 12:21 pm and selected #3 to talk to Customer Service again.

This time they told us that we would not get the money back because a truck and crew had come to our house to perform the move. They were schedule to pickup January 22, 2013.  A truck or a crew had not come to our house anytime up to January 24, 2013, as we had left January 24, 2013. I turned it over to my credit card company and they still paid the deposit of $2475. The company did not provide any service. I have caught them in two lies, one, that they processing my credit and two, a truck and crew had come to my house. Do not use this company! Do not sign or digitally sign anything, without consulting your lawyer first. You will get ripped off!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2013 01:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Precision-Mini-Storage-Moving/Huntspoint-New-York-10474/Precision-Mini-Storage-Moving-Precision-Movers-inc-Refund-not-processed-Huntspoint-New-1041258. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Precision Mini Storage & Moving