Complaint Review: Precision Overhead Doors of Sarasota

• Submitted: Thu, August 30, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, August 31, 2012

• Reported By: GaryO — Lakewood Rch Florida United States of America
Precision Overhead Doors of Sarasota

Precision Overhead Doors of Sarasota WAY OVERPRICED, LIES TO YOU AND EXTREMELY RUDE MANAGER, Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: In response to Obrian's complaint

I previously used this company for a spring repair and was satisfied with that work so when I needed a new opener I called them up for an estimate.

First I was told it was $29.95 to come out in order to give an estimate but over the phone I was told between $425-525 for a new opener depending on model and that this price was the total I would pay.

Tech came out and installed new $525 opener, which I found online after the fact for less than half this amount.  It took him <1 hour to do the work.  When he wrote up my invoice I was charged a $30 service fee.

Called back later and was once again told that $525 was the total installed price, and not $555 that I was charged.  Would not let me talk to a manager but was told that someone would call me "when they got around to it".

Received a call from the "manager" would only wanted to argue with me and then finally hung up while I was trying to get a word in edgewise.

There are a lot of negative reviews about this company on the internet.  As I noted, I had previously been satisfied with them which is why I went with them a 2nd time.  However, even though they used good products, showed up when they said they would and basically did good work there ridiculous prices and terrible customer service and management has ensured that I will never spend another penny with them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2012 11:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Precision-Overhead-Doors-of-Sarasota/internet/Precision-Overhead-Doors-of-Sarasota-WAY-OVERPRICED-LIES-TO-YOU-AND-EXTREMELY-RUDE-MANAG-934799. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Precision Overhead Doors of Sarasota

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

In response to Obrian's complaint

AUTHOR: Precision Door Service - (United States of America)

If you copy and past this link you can listen to the recording of his call to Precision Door we explained there would be a $29.95 service fee to come to his house and the operator cost is between $425-525.

To the comment regarding the office manager hanging up on the customer, I the Owner, was present at the time of the call and she was trying to explain the dispute over whether there was a service call mentioned or not.  She was not rude nor did she hang up on the customer.  The exact opposite in fact occurred.

Before she could even come to some kind of resolution to the issue the customer proceeded to hang up on the office manager.  We do not make it a point of handling our customers in that fashion.  We value all our customers concerns and opinions.  We pride ourselves on quality service and quality products.  We believe we provided this customer as we do with all of our customer's, with both.