Complaint Review: Precision Overhead Garage Door Service

• Updated: Mon, January 07, 2013

• Reported By: Andrea — Omaha Nebraska United States of America
Precision Overhead Garage Door Service
4924 S 135th St Omaha, Nebraska United States of America

Precision Overhead Garage Door Service This Company Will Take As Much Money From Each Customer As Possible Omaha, Nebraska

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: False Report Filed by Andrea

I had Precision Door come out to my house. When I had called them I told them my garage door opener was not working. I asked them how much I should anticipate being charged and they assured me that it would not be an unreasonable amount.

The male came out to my house later that day. He told me the spring was broken. He also stated that I would need to replace my rollers, cables, and drums. He said the door would not function very well without these new items. At this time I did not know a thing about garage doors and told him I need the door to work. This was a big mistake!

After he replaced all these items he told me my total was going to be a little over $500. After hearing this I argued with him stating they promised me a reasonable cost for the service and parts. He said this is the going rate. In good faith I paid him. I then called around to a few other garage door companies in Omaha and they told me that Precision Door is known for taking advantage of people. This was not a shock as I was then told that most of these companies would have been able to replace my entire garage door for about $100 more.

After talking with other companies. I called Precision back and demanded they give me a partial refund. The gentleman told me that I was offered a service at a fair rate. He even stated that they gave me a deal. If I got a deal, they must really rip other people off.

I am a single mother with a low income. I do not appreciate having companies take advantage of me. I did need this garage door fixed but I would recommend to anybody reading this post to call anybody else. These people are scam artists and will get as much money out of you as they believe you are worth. I feel sorry for all the other people who have used this company like me and thought that we were going to be treated fairly.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/22/2012 04:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Precision-Overhead-Garage-Door-Service/Omaha-Nebraska-/Precision-Overhead-Garage-Door-Service-This-Company-Will-Take-As-Much-Money-From-Each-Cu-986004. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Precision Overhead Garage Door Service

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

False Report Filed by Andrea

AUTHOR: R Ross - (United States of America)

As the owner of Precision Door that operates in Omaha and Lincoln Nebraska, I was shocked to see this report that was filed by Andrea.

The prospective customer had called wanting to have a garage door opener installed for her mother for a Christmas present. I was the one who personally called her back and shared with
her that we go out of our way to coordinate work to be done as a gift, in effort to not spoil the surprise.
While discussing the desired project with Andrea, she explained the door was heavy for her Mom to open manually. I quoted $300 to install a new garage door opener. However, I explained that a garage door opener moves the door and does not lift the door, the springs are what lift the door.
Further that it is a frequent occurrence that customers schedule an appointment to have new opener installed and when we arrive to do the work, we learn that the opener is fine.
The problem is related to another problem with the door.
I asked how old the door was and she indicated it was old and explained if the door panels themselves were in bad condition, it would make more sense to replace the door.
Knowing this was to be a Christmas present, we worked together to find a time that I or one of my residential technicians could stop by to meet with her to evaluate the situation.

A time was arranged and I was able to send a commercial technician to evaluate the door. His assessment was the doors panels were in exceptional condition given the age. However, the
hardware including springs and rollers mentioned in the report were not in the best condition. I called Andrea back and advised of his assessment and explained installing an opener without addressing the other issues causing the door to be hard to open manually would be a disservice. This would result in the opener failing long before its time. To install a new garage door opener and all the necessary hardware to provide a smooth operating door would not exceed $600.
The installer would do what was needed to repair the door and when he was there
to install the opener. We agreed on a Friday evening when her Mom would be gone.

After the initial investigation resulted in thinking this was a competitor who filed the report, I investigated further and recalled the situation addressed above. So I called the prospective
customer in question to investigate and the phone was answer by a Man. I asked
if Ann was available and he said yes who is calling, I said who I was and he raised his voice (expletives deleted) and told me never to call the number again that this was a number for emergency service and he hung up.

So we were honest and fair, went out of our way to surprise the prospective customers Mom making two separate trips to the home at no charge. The technician who I talked into doing the work on a Friday evening in effort to surprise the prospective customers Mom for Christmas,
instead of being with his family called and told me that when he arrived he was told the customer had already had the work done by another company. I apologized to him and thanked him for going. I had intended to call the customer to make certain they were taken care of and had not been able to make the time prior to learning of the report filed on this site.

After taking the time to evaluate the situation free of charge, arrange the work to be done on a Friday evening, the customer called around to compare prices and found someone who offered a lower price. Regardless if the competitor did a good job used the best parts available or all the repairs necessary is a separate matter. Precision Door made two separate trips to Andreas Moms house and provided a fair and honest assessment of what was needed.

Primary inaccuracies in the report are as follows:

1. Precision Door did not provide quote the quote reported.

2. Precision Door did not do any work for Andrea or her Mother.

3. Precision Door did not charge and did not collect any money from Andrea or her Mother.

4. Andrea did not call to complain asking for a partial refund.

5. Therefore, Andrea did not get the reported response from our company when asking for a partial refund.

The filer of this report did not show us the respect of calling to cancel the appointment after selecting another company to do the work and instead decided to attempt to harm our company by misrepresenting their dealings with Precision Door.  If Andrea who filed the inaccurate report can provide any evidence that Precision Door performed any work and collected any money, I will be pleased to refund her money.  Otherwise, I hope Andrea will do some soul searching and recant. Otherwise, I will leave it to the readers to form their own opinion on who was honest and fair in this situation. Regardless, I do hope her Moms garage door was repaired properly and will operate for a long time without problems.

At Precision Door we take pride in our long list of happy customers and continually strive to provide timely service with the highest quality parts and workmanship at a fair and reasonable price. We are A+ rated by the BBB and have been going on 7 years.

It is unfortunate that there are people in our great country who make false claims under the guise of free speech. I have honestly exercised my right to free speech in rebutting Andreas false claims.

Should anyone desire to discuss this report in further detail, they are most welcome to call and talk to me directly.

Respectfully,