Complaint Review: Precision TV Repair And GE Appliances Warranty

• Submitted: Tue, February 10, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, February 10, 2009

• Reported By:Charlotte North Carolina
Precision TV Repair And GE Appliances Warranty
2820 Broadmoor Ave, Concord, California 94520 Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.A.

Precision TV Repair And GE Appliances Warranty Extended warranty total rip off and no one cares Charlotte North Carolina

I purchased a Toshiba 52" front projection TV from HH Gregg along with an extended warranty since the lamps burn out so quickly. The TV broke the first week of Dec 2008 and someone was onsite 12/10 to diagnose the problem and order the appropriate part. I still waiting almost 3 months later to get my TV working again.

Since I didn't hear back from them, I started calling around Jan 10th and they told me that the part was on back order till Feb 1st. On Feb 2nd, I called and the part was still on backorder. I called GE Appliances on Jan 12th and was told there was nothing GE could do and I had to wait for Precision TV. I called GE weekly and Precision TV several times a week. Precision still had the part on backorder indefinitely when GE found another company that had them in stock.

So, Feb 4th, GE informed Precision that it was in stock and Precision ordered it a few days ago with no ETA on when the TV will be fixed. I've called HH Gregg Corporate office who told me there was nothing they could do. I called a different 800 number at GE Appliances that HH Gregg provided me and Mary Johnson told me there was nothing GE Appliances would do about it and if it was 4 months and the TV wasn't fixed, they still wouldn't do anything about it.

Think twice before purchasing any extended warranty but most especially if it is GE Appliances which is the company HH Gregg uses for their warranties. And if you are told that Precision TV is repairing your TV, stop immediately and DEMAND another company.

Bummed and still waiting
Charlotte, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2009 02:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Precision-TV-Repair-And-GE-Appliances-Warranty/Charlotte-North-Carolina/Precision-TV-Repair-And-GE-Appliances-Warranty-Extended-warranty-total-rip-off-and-no-one-422538. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Precision TV Repair And GE Appliances Warranty