Complaint Review: Precision Tune Auto Care

• Submitted: Mon, February 19, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, February 19, 2007

• Reported By:Durham North Carolina
Precision Tune Auto Care
2105 E Nc Highway 54 Durham, North Carolina U.S.A.

Precision Tune Auto Care over-charge by a huge amount, recommend unnecessary repairs and add additional charges afterwards ripoff Durham North Carolina

This place over-charges you quite a bit, they recommend repairs that are not necessary, and add additional charges that they don't tell you about up front.

I have been to this particular shop several times, and only after my fourth visit did I realize how badly they were ripping me off. They were charging me $400 for a job that another high-quality, very good, ASE-certified shop right across the street from them (Massey Brothers) was doing for me for $175. When I told them about it, they said they'd give me a discount of $150. If I hadn't compared their rates, they would've just charged me $400. Now I shudder to think of the previous three times that I had been in there and performed $400 repairs each time. I should've comparison-shopped earlier.

On one of my previous visits, they had quoted me a price of $150. But they didn't tell me up front that that did not include labor charges. When I got the bill it had another 60 dollars added for labor.

During a regular inspection, they told me that my brake pads should be changed soon. That they wouldn't last too long. I opted not to get that fixed at their shot. Later I found out at another shop that the brake pads were only 50% worn out, and just fine.

Pratik
Durham, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2007 05:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Precision-Tune-Auto-Care/Durham-North-Carolina/Precision-Tune-Auto-Care-over-charge-by-a-huge-amount-recommend-unnecessary-repairs-and-a-236450. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Precision Tune Auto Care