Complaint Review: Precision Tune Auto Care

• Submitted: Fri, May 08, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, January 01, 2010

• Reported By:Henderson Nevada
Precision Tune Auto Care
8879 S Eastern Ave Henderson, Nevada U.S.A.

Precision Tune Auto Care Caused my vehicle to run poorly Henderson Nevada

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: brake work can not make a truck start poorly

*Consumer Comment: Another fraudulent report

Took my Mercedes in for a brake job, after the brake job was completed, the vehicle no longer starts properly. They got cute with the repair and hooked up their computer to my mercedes resetting the fuel injection to ZERO compression.

I have filed complaints with the state of nevada as well as the BBB.

I am suing to recoup damages.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE GUYS!

Ripped off marc
Henderson, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2009 05:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Precision-Tune-Auto-Care/Henderson-Nevada-89123/Precision-Tune-Auto-Care-Caused-my-vehicle-to-run-poorly-Henderson-Nevada-450084. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Precision Tune Auto Care

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

brake work can not make a truck start poorly

AUTHOR: kurtis johnson 702-480-7676 - (United States of America)

Marc's benz had a bunch of abs and brake warning lights on when he brought it in for brakes after completing the brake work we used our mb scanner to check and reset his warning lights - we discovered that his electronic failures where known to him and he did not want his anti lock or traction control system fixed.  end of story brakes work great customer declines additional repairs recommended - opps we forgot to reprogram anti thieft radio - we call mb get the code turn his radio back on -

Truck begains to start hard - we recommend fuel pressure and diagnostic tests to find problem as engine starting problems are not caused by fixing brakes and entering thieft code to radio - marc has not sued because he has no grounds, he is driving a tired worn out benz which mostlikely needed a fuel pump replaced after 140k miles of driving.  see our web site for verification of our standing w/ channel 3 or 8 we fix peoples problems for a living we do it well and at a fair price sometimes we make a mistake and we fix it.

Another fraudulent report

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

"Took my Mercedes in for a brake job..."

Of course you did. Why wouldn't someone with a Benz take a car to a TUNE-UP shop for a BRAKE repair?

"...after the brake job was completed, the vehicle no longer starts properly."

Uh huh.

"They got cute with the repair and hooked up their computer to my mercedes resetting the fuel injection to ZERO compression."

I nearly spilled my beer on this part. How did they reset the fuel injection, and how did they change the compression? Fuel systems have no compression at all. The cylinders do, and it is a mechanical ratio. The computer has nothing to do with it.

"They initially told me they would run diagnostics at no charge but when I showed up with the vehicle, they told me it would be $79.00 to see what problem they caused."

Huh?! Somehow you were able to drive away and bring it back? You said they screwed up the fuel injection and somehow managed to eliminate the compression. How did it run?

"I have filed complaints with the state of nevada as well as the BBB."

Good for you. The BBB will ask the shop what you are talking about. The state will realize you are a nut and ignore you.

"I am suing to recoup damages."

Good luck. You haven't got a prayer with the amount of automotive knowledge you possess.