Complaint Review: Predicto Mobile

• Reported By:Palo Alto California
Predicto Mobile
www.predicto.com Internet U.S.A.

Predicto Mobile Consumer Rip-off via Cell Phones Internet

My minor son told me one day that he'd been receiving text messages from an unknown caller. He said he did not respond, deleted it, and told me. That was in Jan 09. In May, I finally had time to look thru our 32-page cell phone bill and noticed that instead of 2 "extra line charges" for $9.99, I had 3. I called my T-Mobile carrier and they explained that my son should not have deleted the text. Instead, he should have typed "STOP" and responded back to Predicto to prevent being charged monthly for the rest of his life.

They reversed one charge and told me I had to contact Predicto to cancel. I called them and they told me a very complete story that my son signed up on a gaming website, clicked on their ad, signed up, read all the legalese, and agreed to a service contract by inputting a PIN number that was sent to him at a separate date.

My son is "techno-challenged." He hates computers, doesn't use one, and rarely talks on the phone. He denied doing any of those things. He is also under-age.

How can this company legally bill me? I DID NOT sign up! Can anyone sign up another person? How can a minor enter into a legal contract? Who gave my cell phone company the right to accept charges from a third-party to bill against my account? Companies like this are out of control.

To cancel your subscription go to their website at www.predictomobile.com/support, via email at cs_support@PredictoMobile.com, or via telephone at 800-360-0518. You may also text "HELP" to 654654 at any time to receive summary information about your PredictoMobile account and instructions on how to access customer service.

After 20 min of talking to the first lady and then her supervisor, they did agree to cancel the service and refund my payment. They were pleasant but persistent.

Joan
Palo Alto, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2009 03:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Predicto-Mobile/internet/Predicto-Mobile-Consumer-Rip-off-via-Cell-Phones-Internet-466100. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Predicto Mobile