Complaint Review: Predicto

• Submitted: Wed, November 19, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, November 19, 2008

• Reported By:Springfield Illinois
www.predicto.com Springfield, Illinois U.S.A.

Predicto is a scam and the company needs to be stopped! Nationwide Internet

My husband usually pays the verizon cell phone bill and admittedly, neither of us gave it too much thought until luckily (or un-luckily) our cell bill was $100 over than what it usually is. As i investigated the invoice, i saw a $9.99 charge for a 'premium text msg' on my 71 yr old mother's phone that i had no idea of what it was.
I immediately called verizon and they told me that it was un-refundable through them and i would have to take it up with Predicto. I called the 800 number and a thick accented woman told me that the service was ordered on June 8th, 2008 and that it could not be refunded. I wasn't sure my mom didn't accidently order it (the woman sounded very convincing, saying that there had to be a PIN confirmation sent from that cell phone #, etc.) so i didn't press the issue and let it go.
I then started checking on this site and found that i'm not the only one this has happened to.
I realize we should have combed through our cell bills and this has taught us a valuable lesson but how can this happen? I plan on calling the better business bureau and calling Predicto again and demanding a refund. I will post again if i get any results.

Springfield, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2008 06:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Predicto/Springfield-Illinois-62707/Predicto-is-a-scam-and-the-company-needs-to-be-stopped-Nationwide-Internet-393041. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Predicto