Complaint Review: Predicto

• Updated: Thu, August 13, 2009

• Reported By:chico California
Predicto
predicto.com Internet U.S.A.

Predicto Predicto strikes again....scammed me for $20.00 plus 15 or more text message charges Somewhere In New Jersey Internet

* : Customer Service is Here to Help

* : Customer Service is Here to Help

I really don't know how they got my phone number, but I started getting text messages last month (June 09). I don't know if it was a website within another site or what.

I just deleted the messages and then I saw my phone bill for June and July (AT&T), and saw that Predicto charged me 9.99 per month both months.

I was outraged...first I'd never heard of them, second, I would not have signed up if I had heard of them and third, I never download anything to my cell phone that I have to pay xtra for, including ringtones!

I called AT&T and they were very good about reimbursing $20.00 to me off my bills. They also said, that Predicto likely sent a message that gave the option to delete if you don't want it. I do not remember seeing any such option. All I remember is getting text after text from them....

I applaud the individual who contacted the State of New Jersey Attorney General's office, and I know they will take action. I did that for a credit card company that overcharged me, and not only did it remove the charges but it aided them in bringing charges against the delinquent company.

So, there you have it. Predicto has an 800 number for customer service....I do not trust them, I just told them they were being reported.

cupojoy
chico, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2009 11:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Predicto/internet/Predicto-Predicto-strikes-againscammed-me-for-2000-plus-15-or-more-text-message-char-470763. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Predicto

#1

Customer Service is Here to Help

AUTHOR: Customer Service - (U.S.A.)

We are sorry to hear about your experience.  Please be aware that we at PredictoMobile take customer satisfaction very seriously and would like to address any concerns you may have.  You can call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 800-360-0518 so that we can resolve your inquiry; you can also contact our customer service at http://predicto.com/support or by sending an SMS message with the word HELP to 654654.  Keep in mind, we post our toll-free customer service number on our website and include it in SMS messages we send to your cell phone.

Please note we use an industry best practice double opt-in to prevent inadvertent or fraudulent sign-ups.  To enroll in our service, a prospective member must first submit their cell phone number on the PredictoMobile sign-up page which clearly explains our terms and conditions including the monthly price of the service and billing to the cell phone.  We then send a text message to their cell phone which again discloses the essential membership terms.  They then must correctly enter the PIN on our website or reply with a confirmation SMS message from their cell phone to activate the account.  The double opt-in process and clear disclosures ensures a high level of consumer protection and satisfaction.  If a member wants to cancel the service, they can simply text stop to 654654 or call Customer Service or go to http://predicto.com/support.

We hope this addresses any concerns you may have; if not please contact us and well take care of your issues.

Sincerely,

Customer Service

PredictoMobile

#2

Customer Service is Here to Help

AUTHOR: Customer Service - (U.S.A.)

Sincerely,