Complaint Review: Predicto

• Updated: Thu, February 26, 2009

• Reported By:New Orleans Louisiana
Predicto
predicto.com Internet U.S.A.

Predicto This company got a whole of my credit card number and continues to bill me every month for downloads. I do not, do not down load anything. I kept calling sprint for them to tell me predicto is a 3rd party billing company Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Customer Care

*Consumer Suggestion: Predicto.com

I keep getting charges on my credit card for downloads from my cell phone that I am not purshasing. I have been fighting these charges for the last 4 months. I contacted sprint and also my credit card carrier. I finally had to cancel my phone number and my credit card. I don't know who these people are are even how they got my credit card number but beware because it is a scam. I do not text message or download anything from my phone, but the charges keep adding up every month!!!!

Bayougirl
New Orleans, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2009 09:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Predicto/internet/Predicto-This-company-got-a-whole-of-my-credit-card-number-and-continues-to-bill-me-every-418122. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Predicto

Customer Care

AUTHOR: Customer Service - (U.S.A.)

We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please be aware that we at PredictoMobile take customer satisfaction very seriously and would like to address any concerns you may have. You can call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 800-360-0518 so that we can resolve your inquiry; you can also contact our customer service at http://predicto.com/support or by sending an SMS message with the word HELP to 654654. Keep in mind, we post our toll-free customer service number on our website and include it in SMS messages we send to your cell phone.

Please note we use an industry best practice double opt-in to prevent inadvertent or fraudulent sign-ups. To enroll in our service, a prospective member must first submit their cell phone number on the PredictoMobile sign-up page which clearly explains our terms and conditions including the monthly price of the service and billing to the cell phone. We then send a text message to their cell phone which again discloses the essential membership terms. They then must correctly enter the PIN on our website or reply with a confirmation SMS message from their cell phone to activate the account. The double opt-in process and clear disclosures ensures a high level of consumer protection and satisfaction. If a member wants to cancel the service, they can simply text stop to 654654 or call Customer Service or go to http://predicto.com/support.

We hope this addresses any concerns you may have; if not please contact us and we'll take care of your issues.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
PredictoMobile

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Predicto.com

AUTHOR: Sylver8248 - (U.S.A.)

I googled this company, and it says the following on their website: "Predicto Mobile Phone Game lets you vote on fun questions from your cell phone. Earn points and cash in for prizes and a chance to win our $50000 prize!". So this is obviously one of those scams you see on tv...text 44536 and get your horoscope now! Yet in the fine print it says that you agree to be billed $29.95 a month.

ALso listed on the company website: "Q: I want to cancel, what do I do?
A: Just text "STOP" to 654654. We'll cancel your subscription. Right away, we will stop sending you prediction questions, news updates, and other administrative messages. If you cancel after your subscription has renewed but before you have received your cell phone bill, you will see one last monthly charge. But, we will not charge any new amounts on your phone bill after you cancel."

So there you have it...your complaint is with Predicto, NOT Comcast.