Complaint Review: Predicto

www.predicto.com Internet U.S.A.

Predicto.com Text message scam Nationwide Internet

*Consumer Comment: Got scammed by Predicto, but put phone co. on the hook

*UPDATE Employee: Customer Care

Like Tyfighter and Chas83, I am a victim of Predicto.com. In my case, it wasn't my kids who were involved, just me. No one used my phone to sign up with Predicto. Predicto just started sending me text messages about a month ago. I had no idea who they were or what they were about, so I ignored them, even though each incoming text cost me 20 cents.

When my June bill arrived from Verizon, I had over $11 in text charges, even though I never use texting. A survey of my bill revealed $1.40 in text messages and a single "Premium text" for $9.99. I called Verizon to inquire and it was explained that this came from a "service" that plays some prediction game with a $50K prize. Verizon gave me the number for Predicto and I called them to tell them to stop.

The Predicto spokesperson (with a heavy foreign accent) told me that their records indicate that I had signed up for the game and even used a pin number they had provided me to do so. Well, that's a load of crap, because I never did any such thing, and no one else ever uses my phone (it's in my pocket all the time). It's possible that someone else signed up and used my number by mistake, but I certainly never signed up.

I don't blame Verizon for any of this. It was Predicto.com who nailed me. Fortunately I got away paying only about $12. If you find a $9.99 charge on your phone bill for "premium text" and discover that Predicto is behind it, the number to call is 1-800-360-0518.

JohnB
Fresno, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2008 12:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Predicto/internet/Predictocom-Text-message-scam-Nationwide-Internet-346800. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Predicto

Got scammed by Predicto, but put phone co. on the hook

AUTHOR: Lisa - (U.S.A.)

I too just got scammed by Predicto. I called Verizon who initially would not refund my money. I filed a report with the NJ Attorney General. I did call predicto and ask for proof. Rather than proof, they sent me an email describing how we signed up. In talking to other people, I have found out they got scammed too. I called Verizon back, asked for a manager and demanded my money back. Unless more people put Verizon on the hook they will not stop collecting money from these crooks.

AUTHOR: Customer Care - (U.S.A.)

We are happy to answer any questions or address any concerns you may have regarding PredictoMobile. You can call our Customer Care at 800-360-0518.