Complaint Review: PredictoMobile.com

PredictoMobile.com Internet U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-360-0518
  • Web:
  • Category: Internet

Stefanie NelsonPredictoMobile.com Predictomobile scam - charging $9.99 for a "service" I didn't sign up for Internet

*Author of original report: Predictomobile scam - charging $9.99 for a "service" I didn't sign up for Internet

Stefanie
Austin, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2008 09:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PredictoMobilecom/internet/Stefanie-NelsonPredictoMobilecom-Predictomobile-scam-charging-999-for-a-service-I-d-360285. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PredictoMobile.com

AUTHOR: Stefanie - (U.S.A.)

My Verizon bill had a strange charge for $9.99 this month for "Premium TXT Messaging". This was odd, so we called Verizon to request more information. Verison told us it was a charge by Predictomobile who claims that I signed up for some texting service they offer. I've never heard of the company and had only received one text from them (which happened to have been earlier that same day we received the bill). I thought the text was some kind of SPAM, so ignored it until now. I quickly followed Verizon's instructions to "cancel" the service I had never signed up for, then called Predictomobile the next morning to explain that some error had been made and to request a refund. They told me I has signed up through a site called Smileymedia.com (never heard of it). I requested proof, assuming they would have some kind of double opt-in or would require that I text them back a confirmation, etc. So far, all they have given me was an IP address they claim I signed up from. The IP address originates in Santa Clara, CA, and I live in Austin, TX. They said they would submit a request for refund and that I would get a response in email. I did get a response, and the request was denied. I've put in another request for a refund, but have a feeling it will be denied as well. I can't believe this is legal, and something clearly needs to be done to stop them.