Complaint Review: Predicto.com - PredictoMobile

• Updated: Mon, April 20, 2009

• Reported By:New Orleans Louisiana
Predicto.com - PredictoMobile
http://www.predictomobile.com Internet U.S.A.

Predicto.com - PredictoMobile Fraudulantly charged me for a service I never requested Online Based Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Customer Care Is Here To Help

Tonight I received notice on my cell phone bill online. When I checked it, it had %9.99 charges applied that I was not aware of. I checked it out and dicovered it to be this Predicto. Apparently, I was getting text messages from them from 654654, which I always deleted because I don't have a text package with my phone service and I get charged $.20 for each text I send or open.

I Googled the name and found your site with a previous listing. I did what the other person with a complaint did. I went to the site and read the cancelation instructions: text "STOP" to 654654 to cancel membership. I also read in their Membership agreement (which I never agreed to because I never signed up) that I cannot participate in a law suit against them.

This is copied from their membership agreement - "1.1 Membership Types; Registration Information: We offer two types of memberships: Basic Memberships and Premium Memberships. You must be a legal resident of the U.S. and have the mobile phone account holder's consent to subscribe. The Service is not available to users under 13 years of age or to Florida State residents under18 years of age. If you are between the ages of 13 and 18 years old, a parent must subscribe on your behalf. " The part that says "you must...have the mobile phone account holder's consent to subscribe" they infact violated. I never gave my consent no matter what their twisted logic may say. I NEVER CONSCIOUSLY gave my consent to this "service".

This whole set up is a total scam. I was never aware of signing up for membership in any thing. I wish there was some way to make these people pay for their sneaky, devious practices. They ripped me off!

New Orleans, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/20/2009 12:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Predictocom-PredictoMobile/internet/Predictocom-PredictoMobile-Fraudulantly-charged-me-for-a-service-I-never-requested-Onli-445043. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Predicto.com - PredictoMobile

Customer Care Is Here To Help

AUTHOR: Customer Service - (U.S.A.)

We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please be aware that we at PredictoMobile take customer satisfaction very seriously and would like to address any concerns you may have. You can call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 800-360-0518 so that we can resolve your inquiry; you can also contact our customer service at http://predicto.com/support or by sending an SMS message with the word HELP to 654654. Keep in mind, we post our toll-free customer service number on our website and include it in SMS messages we send to your cell phone.

Please note we use an industry best practice double opt-in to prevent inadvertent or fraudulent sign-ups. To enroll in our service, a prospective member must first submit their cell phone number on the PredictoMobile sign-up page which clearly explains our terms and conditions including the monthly price of the service and billing to the cell phone. We then send a text message to their cell phone which again discloses the essential membership terms. They then must correctly enter the PIN on our website or reply with a confirmation SMS message from their cell phone to activate the account. The double opt-in process and clear disclosures ensures a high level of consumer protection and satisfaction. If a member wants to cancel the service, they can simply text stop to 654654 or call Customer Service or go to http://predicto.com/support.

We hope this addresses any concerns you may have; if not please contact us and we'll take care of your issues.

Customer Service