plot

• Updated: Mon, October 19, 2009

• Reported By: mrcalam — Denver Colorado USA
Predictomobile LLC
1 Bridge Plaza Suite 275 Fort Lee, New Jersey United States of America

Predictomobile I followed their explicit rules and they continued to charge me a subscription fee. I even blocked texts and they still charged my phone. $9.99/month PREDICTO IS CRIMINALLY FRAUDULENT! They say they'll stop IF you follow their rules - well I did and they continued to bill my phone company - even after I blocked my texting service! Fort Lee, New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: What About the Cell Phone Company?

I wish I could remember the job site I was on when this all started so I could complain about them as well.

In July 2009, I was applying for a job and was sent to a page asking for my phone number.  I was told to check my phone for a PIN # and then enter that for more information.  Believing I was getting information relating to my job search, I followed those directions.  OOPS.  I started getting text messages welcoming me to Predicto.  Well, I texted STOP, as they directed, and I called the 800 number immediately.  The assured me that my subscription was cancelled and there would be no charges.

On my August phone bill there were two months subscription fees from Predicto.  I called and complained.  They promised to refund my $, and in fact I did receive one check for $9.99.  But the minute I got off the phone with them after their promise of cancellation, I received a text of "Welcome to Predicto!".  I called them again, right then, and really lambasted them.  I was assured that there were no further charges and that they were blocking me from them (not the other way around).

Just to be sure, I contacted my phone provider and got my texting service blocked.  To no avail because when my September bill arrived, there was another month's subscription charge.  I called immediately.  This time, Toni in the Fraud Division, in the Philipines, told me I had to fax a copy of my phone bill and then within 24 - 48 hours they would refund my $.  I faxed that page of my phone bill (I wasn't willing to send the whole bill, I don't need my family and friends added to Predicto's fraud!).  One week later, still hadn't heard back, so I called again.  Toni insisted that the page I faxed was from August, even after I repeatedly told her where to find the date of the bill, and I wasn't entitled to another refund.  I was more than furious and I wasn't nice to Toni.

Within an hour, Cheryl, from within the states, called and told me she was sure this was all just a "billing error" and they will issue me another refund check.  So, even if they send a refund, I have to wait another month to see if they continue to bill me or not.  I was given the name of Sabrina Burgi at Corporate Headquarters, but was still not given a phone number.

Not being satisfied with this company and their performance, I then contacted the New Jersey Secretary of State and filed a complaint.  I very much want to file a complaint with the FTC, the IC3, and the FBI.

I believe that if the thousands of people who have been ripped off by Predicto would complain to these agencies, something just might happen.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2009 05:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Predictomobile-LLC/Fort-Lee-New-Jersey-07024/Predictomobile-I-followed-their-explicit-rules-and-they-continued-to-charge-me-a-subscrip-504780. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Predictomobile LLC

What About the Cell Phone Company?

AUTHOR: Jim Learned - (USA)

It's no secret that the people at Predicto are just scammers.  They have no intention of treating you fairly.  They are determined to get away with whatever they can.

The problem I have with a class action lawsuit is that it proves NOTHING.  If we sue Predicto's socks off, there will be a hundred other fraudulent companies to take their place.  Now that Predicto has shown a way to steal from consumers, future frauds don't have to be clever; they just have to be criminals.  How many frauds are criminals?  Lots, I'm sure!

Predicto is taking advantage of a "Premium Text Messaging Service" loophole that all the cell phone companies have.  My question is:  Why does this loophole exist in the first place?  Isn't it just another revenue stream for the cell phone companies?  Perhaps the truth is that the cell phone companies own Predicto themselves, and the "board" are just a bunch of toadies that the cell phone providers are paying to take the fall for them.  Are the cell phone companies running Predicto on their own as a model for aspiring scammers?