Complaint Review: Predictomobile Vote

• Updated: Sun, June 07, 2009

• Reported By:Bridgeport West Virginia
Predictomobile Vote
Internet U.S.A.

Predictomobile Charge Appearing On Sprint Bills Without Authorization Unknown service charing 9.99 for services not ordered by phone account owner Internet

*Author of original report: predicto mobile

*UPDATE Employee: Customer Care Is Here To Help

30 March 2009. Just got my sprint bill. It shows a charge of 9.99 on 3/15 from a place called predictomobile. I wondered what that was, so I did a google search and found that a lot of people, mainly sprint people are being signed up for this service, without their expressed approval.

On one site I found an 800 number you can call, 1 800 360 0518 And they will remove you from their list and stop charging you.. But what about the intitial charge of 9.99? Why should I have to pay that? They said they would issue me a refund check, then had the audacity to aske me for my mailing address. Seems to me if I signed up for there service, they would already have it.

I am going to file a complaint with the US Department of Commerce, US better business bureau.

I think these people have a scam going to use other peoples money, to get them to release personal information so that they can add to their spam lists.

Macwildstar
Bridgeport, West Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2009 09:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Predictomobile-Vote/internet/Predictomobile-Charge-Appearing-On-Sprint-Bills-Without-Authorization-Unknown-service-char-439334. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Predictomobile Vote

predicto mobile

AUTHOR: Macwildstar - (U.S.A.)

Well, Say what you will, I never submitted my number to their web page. When I called their customer service number, they asked for my address. Well, I went to their page, and to sign up you need to give them your adress, so they should already know it.

Why then were they asking me for it again? I got angry at the guy on the line and told him to cancel the charge, not to refund my money. That takes 6-8 weeks as he said. BULL. Thats stealing my money for 2 months without paying me interest on it.

I called sprint (my carrier) and they canceled it, canceled the charge.
I have since been contacted by a lawfirm that has filed a class action against predicto. I am now a member of that suit.

In the 45 years I lived in Michigan, the last 12 that I had a cell phone, I have never been hit by phone scammers. I move to WV and I get hit 3 times in 3 months.

Glad im going back to michigan, even with its dismal economy.

Customer Care Is Here To Help

AUTHOR: Customer Service - (U.S.A.)

We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please be aware that we at PredictoMobile take customer satisfaction very seriously and would like to address any concerns you may have. You can call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 800-360-0518 so that we can resolve your inquiry; you can also contact our customer service at http://predicto.com/support or by sending an SMS message with the word HELP to 654654. Keep in mind, we post our toll-free customer service number on our website and include it in SMS messages we send to your cell phone.

Please note we use an industry best practice double opt-in to prevent inadvertent or fraudulent sign-ups. To enroll in our service, a prospective member must first submit their cell phone number on the PredictoMobile sign-up page which clearly explains our terms and conditions including the monthly price of the service and billing to the cell phone. We then send a text message to their cell phone which again discloses the essential membership terms. They then must correctly enter the PIN on our website or reply with a confirmation SMS message from their cell phone to activate the account. The double opt-in process and clear disclosures ensures a high level of consumer protection and satisfaction. If a member wants to cancel the service, they can simply text stop to 654654 or call Customer Service or go to http://predicto.com/support.

We hope this addresses any concerns you may have; if not please contact us and we'll take care of your issues.

Sincerely,