Complaint Review: Predictomobile

Predictomobile
predictomobile.com Internet U.S.A.

Predictomobile Stole from an 80 year old !! Internet

*Consumer Comment: ITS CALLED CRAMMING AND ITS ILLEGAL

On my 8/25/08 cellular phone bill, I noticed a $9.99 charge on the number that my 80 year old Father uses.
I called my provider and they explained it was from an outside company. When I called Predictomobile, first of all, the representative hardly spoke english and kept trying to explain to me how the service was signed up for.
I explained that my 80 year old Father uses the phone and wouldn't know how to "text" if I showed him 150 times!!

They refuse to refund the $9.99 because supposedly the correct buttons were pushed to sign up for the service - which I find hard to believe when he has trouble even making a call on the phone.

Who ever owns this company should be ashamed of themselves - it is stealing from consumers regardless of age bracket - I have no idea what legitimate service - if any - they provide.

To avoid this in the future, I have blocked ALL texting on my phones which is a FREE service through my provider which is wonderful.

Predictomobile is a get rich quick scammer who should be ashamed of themselves!!

Penny
New Fairfield, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2008 10:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Predictomobile/internet/Predictomobile-Stole-from-an-80-year-old-Internet-369698. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Predictomobile

ITS CALLED CRAMMING AND ITS ILLEGAL

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

You do not have to do anything to sign up! Even telling a telemarketer NO - they still sign you up. You can do everything you can to avoid signing up for these WORTHLESS "membership programs" and you still get signed up. they get the billing information from whatever company they have a business agreement with.

It could be an internet retailer, credit card company, bank or Phone Company

They did it on their own - but got the info from your cell phone company, which is why it is on your cell phone bill.

File a formal complaint with the FTC.