Complaint Review: Prefered Merchants

• Submitted: Sun, March 02, 2003
  • Updated: Sun, March 02, 2003

• Reported By:Covington Georgia
Prefered Merchants
PO BOX 41127 St. Pete, Florida U.S.A.

Prefered Merchants, NACS Telemarketing rip-off St. Pete Florida

I received a call from a telemarketer on my cell phone stating that I could recieve a credit card at 6.9% interest. I don't have very good credit and this sounded like a way to restore it. They said that I would have to okay it for them to deduct $200 from my checking account and they would send me two certificates for $100 to use towards my bill. This sounded okay because it didn't seem like I would be loosing any money.

I recieved in the mail a form to sign and return immediately along with a voided check. I then recieved a catalog along with a card that could be used to purchase from their catalog. What happened to the Visa/Mastercard I was told about. I tried to cancel and was told that is would cost an additonal $100 and that I would lose the $200 they already had taken. Now three months later they have deducted $33 from my checking account stating it was for quarterly dues.

In conclusion, if you recieve any solicitation from this company,RUN!!

Covington, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2003 07:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prefered-Merchants/St-Pete-Florida-33743/Prefered-Merchants-NACS-Telemarketing-rip-off-St-Pete-Florida-47617. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prefered Merchants