Complaint Review: Preferred Guest Resorts

• Updated: Sat, June 30, 2012

• Reported By: Jackie — Christchurch Internet New Zealand
Preferred Guest Resorts
501 Wymore Road Internet United States of America

Preferred Guest Resorts Sharon Lane, Eric Hall,, Michelle Donaghue Extraordinary underhanded sales techniques coupled with numerous lies and legal jargon Internet

*General Comment: Rip off Merchants

*UPDATE Employee: We Would Like to Help You

*General Comment: Preferred Guest Resorts Best Vacation Ever Jo Ann told me this is a trip of a life time you are the MILLIONTH WINNER Orlando,Florida.

*UPDATE Employee: Preferred Guest Resorts Quality Assurace

A pop-up box appeared on my screen stating I had won $3000 in travel/accommodation in Orlando, Daytona Beach, Bahamas and Costa Rica. With a free rental car for one week while in Orlando and also a Cruise option.

I contacted the phone number as it was an Auckland, New Zealand number and I live in New Zealand.

The lady who answered told me her name was Sharon Lane and she very enthusiastically told me all about the trip I had won and all the wonderful places I would be staying and all the tourist attractions I would have the opportunity to see. She came across like an enthusiastic travel sales consultant who was in raptures about the  areas I was going to be so lucky to see for free as I had just won this most amazing trip. Sharon then had to transfer me to Eric as he was in charge of reservations and her job was only to sort out how and what I would like to do in my free holiday.

I was then transferred to Eric Hall who stated he was the representative at Calypso Resort who took the bookings and I was led from another page on the website from where Sharon had me viewing. I couldn't quite follow the procedure here as all of a sudden I was paying them $898.00 USD on the screen. I questioned this and was told that the package I had agreed to with Sharon incurred this extra cost above the $3000.00 package I had won. I was a bit confused and thought I couldn't have understood what Sharon was telling me. Eric then required my credit card details to pay for the $898.00 over the holiday prize I had won. I was feeling apprehensive and started asking a few questions and some sort of confirmation. Eric flicked through to another screen and I am trying to read all the information and take notes and listen to his fast talking all at the same time.

Eric continued to go on about how lucky I was and indicated that Google Chrome had chosen their Company for the holiday prize. Google Chrome were apparently launching a new product and it was Google Chrome paying the $3000.00 holdiday not them. I stupidly passed over my credit card details as by this time he had convinced me everything was fine. My husband was also listening in, to much of the conversation, so we were both sucked in. I was asking more questions and Eric abruptly states that he now has to transfer me to yet another department for voice recorded confirmation of the agreement.

I am transferred to Michelle Donaghue for this voice over part in which she asks me questions and I have to say agree. Talk about everything back to front. If I had completed the so-called taped voice agreement prior to providing my credit card details I might have thought things were fine but I knew right then and there that I had just been taken under and scammed.

These people were professional, enthusiastic, helpful, everything a good sales person should be. They all quoted different website names and when I queried this they said it was because different areas of the world had different websites depending on the promotions that were being run and what country the promotions were for.

These people are extremely dangerous the way the manipulate you. There is no Preferred Guest Resort webpage. They also gave me web page names of www.freecruise.com www.cruiseflorida.com www.startvacationingnow.com www.calypso.com

I feel pretty stupid that I have been duped and thought it would never happen to me. These guys are ratbags and obviously work in a tag team. Each player has carefully crafted their script and they act their respective parts very convincingly. I was unable to pressure Eric Hall he never falted when I questioned him. He remained professional making me believe his bullsh*t.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2011 08:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Preferred-Guest-Resorts/internet/Preferred-Guest-Resorts-Sharon-Lane-Eric-Hall-Michelle-Donaghue-Extraordinary-underhan-792198. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Preferred Guest Resorts

#1 General Comment

Rip off Merchants

AUTHOR: Jo672 - (United States of America)

Really ticked off that this email address is bogus and flicks back after a couple of days. When will you people get a shred of decency and return people from New Zealand's money??

We Would Like to Help You

AUTHOR: Preferred Guest Resorts - (USA)

Hello.  We would like to help you resolve the questions you have with your vacation package.  A promotional vacation trip to Orlando can be a trip of a lifetime, as we know from our thousands of happy guests, and we hope that will be the case for you and your family.  We can contact you directly via this site, since it does not provide us with your full name or vacation package ID, but we would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you.  Please contact our Quality Assurance manager at [email protected] to coordinate a time that works for you for us to speak to help us manage the time difference.  We appreciate your business and look forward to speaking with you soon.

#3 General Comment

AUTHOR: ruth - (New Zealand)

A pop- up box screen on my screen stating I am the millionth winner and a trip of a life time to Orlando, Daytaona Beach, Bahamas and Costa Rica. With a few rental car for one week while in Orlando and also a cruise option.

There were to numbers i could contact so there was a Auckland number so i rang them.

The lady who answered told me her name was Jo Ann she was very enthusiastic told me all about the trip i have won and all the wonderful places i would be gong to and included ''Oh do you have children''Then went on to say your children will love all these wonderful places to visit, at that point she got me i was interested. Jo Ann then quickly hurried me along with how lucky we as a family will be to take this once in a life time holiday free plus $3000 to spend on your trip.

Was transferred to Malone she took me through the website and there it was pay them $898.00. I questioned this and was told that the package i agreed to had extra cost, I started to worry, Malone captured me once again reminded me the trip of a life time, stupidly passed over my credit card details, Malone assured me everything was fine, went on to another call were i was asked questions and to say i agree. At that point i had such a horrible feeling then, i had just been under and scammed.

These people were professionals,enthusiastic,helpful. But these are dangerous people.There is no preferred guest resort webpage.

I feel really stupid and i have just been robbed. Even though i did question Jo Ann and Malone in many things they were able to under mind me convincingly worst thing about it i believed there lies.

Preferred Guest Resorts Quality Assurace

AUTHOR: Preferred Guest Resorts - (USA)

Your post has been brought to the attention of the Quality Assurance Department of Preferred Guest Resorts and we would like to look into the situation regarding your account and work with you to resolve the issue. Please contact our manager Kenneth Branch at [email protected] and he will make sure one of our team members gets back to you as quickly as possible.  Thank you.