Complaint Review: Preferred Law

• Reported By: Frank S — Colorado
Preferred Law
Sandy, UT Sandy, Utah USA

Preferred Law Mortgage Modification Scam Sandy Utah

I engaged this firm in the fall of 2012. Their sales rep claimed to be a former mortgage industry expert and he was quite knowledgeable. He said all the right things and convinced me that Preferred Law would work with the bank to get a modification or in the worst case scenario delay the foreclosure process to the extent that I would be able to stay in my home for an additinal 18 months.

To make a long story short, the company was extremely slow in my requests for information and updates. My calls would be ignored up to the point where I had to be very forceful in chasing down someone in the company to tell me what was going on with my case. I had four different people handling my account as it was regurlarly being passed from one person to another. They also seemed surprised and blindsided by the legal response of my lender, for the simplest things, and they seemed in the dark about the foreclosure laws in my state, Colorado. They were incompetent in dealing with the lender and totally ineffectual.

Four months after contracting with this firm, I was forced out of our home of 20 years. The money I wasted on legal fees down the toilet. I could have just as easily stayed in the home for that very short period of time on my own.

I requested a refund but was of course denied. They took two and half months to respond for my request for a refund when they promised thirty.

Par for the course of this bogus operation.

Stay far away from dealing with this firm. Save your money as they will not help you at all.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2013 12:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Preferred-Law/Sandy-Utah/Preferred-Law-Mortgage-Modification-Scam-Sandy-Utah-1066937. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Preferred Law