Complaint Review: Preferred Long Distance Inc.

• Submitted: Fri, March 15, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, March 15, 2013

• Reported By: pastorjdh — Milton Florida
Preferred Long Distance Inc.
16830 Ventura Blvd., Suite 350 Encino, California United States of America

Preferred Long Distance Inc. lying scammers Encino , California

First they called my wife's business line and told her that they represented ATT and "just wanted to lower our bill with new incentives without switching our services from ATT." My wife brought the phone to me to see if it was legit. They told me three times they represent ATT and just wanted to lower the bill for us. I told my wife it sounded fine and handed the phone back to her. They later told me that is when they ran through the "verification process" and told my wife that they were not actually ATT. I don't know if that is the case or not and I don't really care because even if they did the way they do it is extremely deceptive.

After I found out, about two weeks later by a letter in the mail, that my services had been switched I called them immediately and told them I did not appreciate it and wanted to be switched back immediately. They said no problem and that I would not be charge because there is a "30 trial period." They said all I had to do was call ATT and ask them to switch me back. I did so but Preferred would not release the number to ATT for another 4 or 5 weeks. After I finally got switched back all the threatening letters started coming that I owed Preferred money and would be turned over to collections. I have reported them to the BBB, the Federal Trade Commission and now here and I would suggest everyone do the same who has been scammed by them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2013 02:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Preferred-Long-Distance-Inc/Encino-California-91436/Preferred-Long-Distance-Inc-lying-scammers-Encino-California-1035091. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Preferred Long Distance Inc.