Complaint Review: Preferred Merchant

• Updated: Thu, July 17, 2003

• Reported By:grover beach California
Preferred Merchant
Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

Preferred Merchant same as Consumer First, ripped off and scammed tricked and lied to us ripoff screwed thousands of others on this site Tampa Florida *UPATE

*UPDATE Employee: REALLY WE'RE NOT A RIP-OFF

I am one of many who have been victimized by Preferred Merchants. In spite of them, I won't loose my smile. I cannot understand why this company and so many others like them on this web site are not being stopped by the FTC or the FBI? How many more thousands of people need to get Ripped off? What are we all paying taxes for?

I was promised that I would get 2 credit card a master card and catalog card and I said I didn't want it unless it was a true master card and he said over and over that it was a 5000 master card. They also stated if I was not happy with package that I could get my 200 back.

Well, I got the card and there was no master card. there was no 5000 master card. And I called them and they said that he wouldn't o said that. And they conveniently lost the first recorded call. But the 2nd. They won't give me my money back.

So now I have turned to fighting this scam on my own. The lady wouldn't let me talk to her boss. And wouldn't do crap for me. And what's a bigger joke is i already have a credit card that i can order from the catalog, and it's the same catalog as they sent me. Weird. Well I want my money back plus my long distance phone calls I have made to them paid. And i want them taken down.

I also think there in with consumers first. Because they sent the same catalog as consumer first platinum card.

Felechia
Grover beach, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2003 04:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Preferred-Merchant/Tampa-Florida-33612/Preferred-Merchant-same-as-Consumer-First-ripped-off-and-scammed-tricked-and-lied-to-us-r-40134. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Preferred Merchant

REALLY WE'RE NOT A RIP-OFF

AUTHOR: LISETTE - (U.S.A.)

I'M A CURRENT EMPLOYEE AT CONSUMER FIRST. THIS COMPANY NEVER OFFERS A MAJOR CC. IT IS STRICTLY FOR ORDERING BY MAIL.REMEMBER, DON'T ASSUME AUTOMATICALLY THAT ALL CC APPLICATIONS ARE GOING TO BE FOR A VISA OR MASTER CARD..IT IS A LIFE TIME MEMBERSHIP AND ONLY PAY FOR A ONE TIME MEMBERSHIP FEE OF $45...OH AND WE ARE NOT CONNECTED WITH ANY OTHER COMPANY..THE CATALOG IS USED BY MANY OTHER COMPANIES..