• Report: #192249

• Submitted: Thu, May 18, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, May 19, 2006

• Reported By:tempe Arizona
Preferred Photo
321 E. 89th Street Brooklyn, New York U.S.A.

Preferred Photo cheats people by giving wrong informations on their website Brooklyn New York

*Consumer Comment: not on a refurb...

*Consumer Comment: Did you deduct the rebate amount from the charge

I purchased a Sharp XR-10X Projector at www.preferredphoto.com with the confirmation number: 42579004. Unfortunately, their product has been not delivered as agreed.

The amount that was charged to my account was $845.00 for the non-refurbished product. The product they have sent to me was refurbished, and the refurbished price that is on their website is $647.00.

Therefore, to resolve the problem, I asked them a refund of the difference in the amount of $198.00 and I sent them the copies of their web pages, and a copy of the check out page and copy of their confirmation e-mail. None of the records show the product is refurbished.
The customer service reps were very aggressive and they told me that I'm wrong and rejected to pay the difference, they tried to sell me extended warranty.

They told me that if I don't want to accept extended warranty they can pay me $50 or I can return the product with paying extra $150.

I didn't accept any of them of course. Instead, I wrote a complaint letter to them and I will make my complaint to anywhere necessary. I wish I couldn't spend so much time and afford to solve a problem like this. I will never do business with them and I suggest everyone to do the same thing.

tempe, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2006 09:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Preferred-Photo/Brooklyn-New-York-11236/Preferred-Photo-cheats-people-by-giving-wrong-informations-on-their-website-Brooklyn-New-Y-192249. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Preferred Photo

not on a refurb...

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

Maybe you work for this scam of a company...
There are no rebates on REFURBISHED equipment.
the company pulled a bait and switch scam by charging for new and sending "used" (refurbished).

they need reported to the attorney generals office and the FTC.

Did you deduct the rebate amount from the charge

AUTHOR: Aafes - (U.S.A.)

Did you deduct the rebate amount from the amount you were charged? Have you applied for your rebate?

From their website:

"Pricing and availability are subject to change without notice. All prices are after the manufacturers' rebate..... Preferred Photo is not responsible for manufacturer rebates. All rebates go through the manufacturer and Preferred Photo is not responsible if the manufacturer does not honor a rebate....All returns are subject to a minimum restocking fee of 5%."

The price you saw quoted on the page is after your rebate. You have to obtain the rebate from the manufacturer. No ripoff here.