Complaint Review: Preferred Photo

• Submitted: Sun, November 19, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, November 19, 2006

• Reported By:East Haven Connecticut
Preferred Photo
321 E. 89th St. Brooklyn, New York U.S.A.

Preferred Photo lying,dishonest fraudulent billing Brooklyn New York

I ordered on line Hitachi 42HDS69 TV for $1,560.00 plus $199.99 for shipping, grand total $1,759.99. After the ordering I spoke over the phone with a representative. He suggested some "upgrades", but I refused the offer. Nevertheless my Credit Card was charged $2,199.00, i.e., $440.00 more than it should be. Customer service representatives (Bernard, ext 265, Gave, ext 215 and Chad, who gave me somebody else ext 229) told me that I was charged extra $440.00 for upgraded order: I will have US Model of 42HDS69 instead of Japanese Model, I will have a stand for the TV and I will have 1 year warranty.

According to a representative of Hitachi, only one model of 42HDS69 is available for sale in the US, the model has a stand as a standard equipment and the set always have 1-year warranty. "Upgrades" which Bernard, Chad and Gave promised to me could not be done and of course they were not done. It took me more than one month to get refund from the company.

Efim
East Haven, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2006 07:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Preferred-Photo/Brooklyn-New-York-11236/Preferred-Photo-lyingdishonest-fraudulent-billing-Brooklyn-New-York-221363. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Preferred Photo