Complaint Review: Preferred Photo

• Submitted: Tue, November 11, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, November 11, 2008

• Reported By:Montclair New Jersey
Preferred Photo
337 East 89th Street Brooklyn, New York U.S.A.

Preferred Photo pushy, argumentative, uncooperative, NOT customer oriented, inept Brooklyn New York

Preferred photo pressured me to place my order by stating that there was no risk due to their unconditional return policy. When I still resisted, they threw in some upgrades and, unfortunately, I placed the order.

The product (camera) arrived and the lens was not in the box. It arrived a couple of days later. The memory card that was offered as one of the "free upgrades" for placing the order did not work with the camera so we called to have it replaced. Rather than send a different card, they sent the exact same one which...big surprise...also did not work.

I'll spare the details but here are some of my favorite things:

They could not POSSIBLY CARE LESS about whether your are satisfied. They just want to plant the thought that the problem might be YOUR FAULT! I asked Todd in customer service if I could speak to his supervisor and he said he was the supervisor. I asked if I could talk to his boss and he said that was IMPOSSIBLE. His exact words were "that would be like asking to speak with the President of the United States." This is a BIG company, he told me, as if to say who the hell am I to ask to speak to somebody in charge.

I am bitterly disappointed at this time that these people have any of my hard earned money. Their tactics are sleazy and underhanded and they have ONLY their own interests at heart and could not possibly care at all about customer satisfaction or customer service. They know they have my money and that is all that matters to them.

Jim
Montclair, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2008 09:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Preferred-Photo/Brooklyn-New-York-11236/Preferred-Photo-pushy-argumentative-uncooperative-NOT-customer-oriented-inept-Brooklyn-390346. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Preferred Photo