Complaint Review: Preferred Tax Relief

• Submitted: Fri, May 29, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, May 29, 2009

• Reported By:McDonough Georgia
Preferred Tax Relief
1875 Century Park East, 7th Floor Century City, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-4186712
  • Web:
  • Category: Lawyers

Preferred Tax Relief Slow and Ineffective Service - Wont Return Money..... Century City, California

This information is shared with you without bias or emotional. It is straight-fact! I contacted this company in June 2008 regarding an $11,000 tax bill from the IRS. In 48 hours, they were hounding me for the $2500 payment for their service. Some attorney got on the phone to sell us to pay them with promises of tax relief. I paid them in two monthly payments of $1250. Their paperwork reads, "If you decide to cancel their services in five days, you are entitled to a 50% refund".

We did not hear from them in July, August, September, October, or November. Each of these months, I called them and they said, "We are still working on it". Im January 2009, I start to get angry and I start getting some calls back. Finally, they tell me, "Hey, you don't qualify for the OIC (Offer in Compromise). Long story short - Learn from me

1.) DO NOT DO THIS TYPE OF BUSINESS OVER THE PHONE. GO TO SOMEONE AND GET A FREE CONSULTATION!!!

2.) DO NOT PAY ANYONE ANY MONEY UP FRONT UNTIL YOU SEE AT LEAST THREE COMPANIES

In my opinion, this company is a "tax relief mill" that runs hundreds of people through the "pay and wait" type system.....and eventually you lose all your money. I eventually called the IRS and worked out a payment plan in my own. I'm out of $2500 and I'm unemployed!

Swaine t
McDonough, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2009 02:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Preferred-Tax-Relief/Century-City-California-900687/Preferred-Tax-Relief-Slow-and-Ineffective-Service-Wont-Return-Money-Century-City-C-456412. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Preferred Tax Relief