Complaint Review: Preferred Tax Relief

• Submitted: Sun, November 30, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, September 26, 2009

• Reported By:Ruidoso New Mexico
Preferred Tax Relief
1875 Century Park East, 7th Floor Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

Preferred Tax Relief So much worse than doing nothing at all! Los Angeles California

*Author of original report: Resolution has been reached

*UPDATE Employee: Problem Solved

*UPDATE Employee: Emergency Surgery

To go into all the details would reveal more about my situation than I care to, but I'll give you the highlights. They drafted twice as much from my bank account as originally agreed and canceled my service when I complained. Lied to the IRS and state taxation department in ways that caused them to levy my bank accounts, and seize my assets. Told the taxing authorities that I was out of business when I wasn't which really ticked them off. Lied to me about having contacted the IRS and state, and then wouldn't get back to me for months saying that my phone was un-reachable from theirs. Misrepresented my assets and ability to re-pay taxes, causing aggressive collection action.
Long story short, my situation would be better if I'd done nothing at all. The money would have been far better spent by mailing it straight to the IRS.

Nm restaurant
Ruidoso, New Mexico

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2008 01:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Preferred-Tax-Relief/Los-Angeles-California-90067/Preferred-Tax-Relief-So-much-worse-than-doing-nothing-at-all-Los-Angeles-California-396218. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Preferred Tax Relief

Resolution has been reached

AUTHOR: Nm restaurant - (U.S.A.)

PTR has settled this matter to my satisfaction.

Problem Solved

AUTHOR: PTR - (USA)

Both parties have resolved this matter amicably. Mutual Release/Settlement Agreement has been signed by both parties.

Emergency Surgery

AUTHOR: Admin. Dir. - (U.S.A.)

We are a firm of ex-IRS Attorneys, ex-IRS CPAs and tax practitioners. The person who made this complaint is, for one, not in New Mexico, and two, is suggesting we went out of our way to subvert his settlement process. He is obviously unhappy; for that I am sorry. We are used to helping people and enjoy our work because we are very good at getting our clients excellent settlements, reductions, better pay plans, some time, some relief from the pressure, and all-around IRS expertise. Not that we never make mistakes, but like any responsible attorney firm we always strive to get it right. I would expect the same. The IRS is an interesting system to deal with, to say the least, and nobody deals with them better than us.

Many times folks come to us at "ten minutes to midnight", though, where they've let their tax debt or non-filings go for so long (let alone the ones who have performed actions that look fraudulent or criminal to the IRS) and they call us for help in this emergency situation where were forced to do "emergency surgery" on their tax debt.

If their circumstances dictate that we can only stop the bleeding, repair it, and give them a better way moving forward (as opposed to a so-called pennies-on-the-dollar scenario that some qualify for) most people are usually happy with that because it's much better than they had BEFORE they came to us for help, and usually it's more than we even told them we could do. But some folks transfer their anger at the difficult IRS bureaucracy on to us, or perhaps they're having many financial problems in this economy and we are an easy target for their anger. I understand divorce attorneys go through the same problems.

Professional standards dictate that we not reveal the specific circumstances of this person's case, but it must be stated that his description of our relationship with him is untrue on so many counts and it's unfortunate that he sought to tar us with such malicious language. We understand his frustration, which should be properly aimed at this taxing government agency, and we are still ready, willing and able to see his case through to resolution. If not, we only wish him well.