Complaint Review: Premier Auto Group Of Beaverton Mitsubishi, Oregon

• Submitted: Thu, June 14, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, February 21, 2010

• Reported By:Beaverton Oregon
Premier Auto Group Of Beaverton Mitsubishi, Oregon
9350 SW Canyon Rd. Beaverton, Oregon U.S.A.

Premier Auto Group / Beaverton Mitsubishi, Oregon LIARS, LIARS, LIARS Beaverton Oregon

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: You have selective memory, Michelle.

*Consumer Suggestion: Here's the way to get some response from Premier Auto Group

I first went to the web site and filled out an application with joesaysyes.com. A financial agent with Premier Auto contacted me. He said my application was approved. "Come in and we can pick out a car." I confirmend that payments would be in my financial budget. The agent told me at least three times the monthly payments would be in my price range. No more. I told him I didn't want to waste my time as I have children and I don't like spending my whole day in a dealership. He assured me everything had been approved and all I needed to do was pick out a car and sign the papers.

I went to the dealership on Canyon Road in Beaverton, Beaverton Mitsubishi. I had a salesman who had been on the job only eleven days. I asked him if they put him through training. He said the salesmen are hired with only their street knowledge. I found a car that fit my needs. Then, the sales manager, Daniel, got involved. Now they started out by asking me for $5K to put down on the car. I was floored. I told them the conversation I had on the phone with the financial agent. I told them I had only my current vehicle to trade in. They kept asking me and I must've said "NO" about a hundred times. They didn't even want to give me low blue book value of my current car.

Because of my credit history, I was informed I needed a co-signer. It took everything in me to call my mom and ask her to co-sign. Much to my surprise, she said ok. After the phone call to mom, Daniel came back and said, "Here's the deal, we can get you into a car, but mom has to be the only signer."

I exclaimed, "Absolutely not! If you want my mom to be the only signer, you're going to be the one to call and ask her. I refuse to ask her for something like that. Co-signing is as far as it will go!" He said ok, left the table for about half an hour and then returned. He said, "FANTASTIC news, we can get you into a car. A newer car even. Brand new." I said, "But..." He said, "You mom can be the only signer. She has the credit to do that." I asked, "So, you talked to my mom?" Daniel said, "Yes". I continued with, "Why can't I get the car in which I've been looking?" He tried to explained that it had something to do with how he owns it. It was all blah,blah,blah to me. I asked him what kind of car did he have mind. He told me I would love it. Turns out it was completely the opposite of what I would ever want. I got my keys out of my purse and started walking out with my daughter in tow. Of course, they all said, "wait,wait,wait..." Daniel said he would look at his inventory to see what else was available. By this time we'd spent hours in this place. They finally came up with a car I approved. Still being told my mom was the signer, I thought the deal was through. By the time they had delivered the car to me, we had been in this place almost seven hours. RIDICULOUS!

The next business day, Daniel was to overnight the paper to my mom 200 miles away so she could sign. Mom received the papers a week later. She phoned me right away and was extremely angry. The papers had only her name on them. She saw my name was no where. I told her Daniel said that he spoke to her and she agreed. She told me the only time she talked to him was when I had called to ask if she would co-sign. He NEVER called and told her that he was putting only her name on the car. Mom refused to sign the papers. She took them to her sherriff's office and reported the company for fraud. When the manager of the sale found out, of course, he was shaken. He and "his people" tried for the whole week to find a new loan. I hadn't heard a word from these people and I still had the new car. I called Daniel everyday waiting for an answer and he wouldn't call me back. When I finally got to speak with him, I said, "Look, you have my old car. The car payment is due. You told me to keep the new car and not to worry about my old one. If you guys don't get the old one paid, then it's my credit that is going to be screwed." Daniel replied, "It can't get any worse." then, laughed.

By Friday, after having the car almost two weeks, I went to the dealership. I was going to get my old car back. Instead, they said, OH we found a new loan. Here I was again with both of my children, at the dealership waiting. The new loan did have my mom's name and mine. However, my mom's was first so she wouldn't sign the papers. I got my old car back.

In the beginning, I had put $400 down for the new car. When I received my old car back, I said I wanted my down payment back, too. They told me they would have it ready the following Monday. This last Monday, I went to the dealership. It sure wasn't ready. The finance guy in charge of the refund wasn't anywhere to be found. I was told to call back later. I called back that afternoon. The guy was there and I spoke to him. Bud, as he is called, said,"Well I haven't been able to get the approval to issue a check. Also, when we let someone take a new car, there is always a fee per day and a fee per gas mileage." I yelled, "I was NEVER informed of that." He said I should've signed papers. I reviewed the papers I had and NONE of them indicated anywhere there is a fee. I'm ticked! I phoned once again last night, Wednesday, and the check still hadn't gone through for approval. This is going on three weeks of dealing with this lame company. If I could meet Joe, the owner of the business, I tell him what I think and I would let the whole state know. I'm sick of places like this. Someone needs to do something serious about things like this!

Michelle J
Beaverton, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2007 10:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Premier-Auto-Group-Of-Beaverton-Mitsubishi-Oregon/Beaverton-Oregon/Premier-Auto-Group-Beaverton-Mitsubishi-Oregon-LIARS-LIARS-LIARS-Beaverton-Oregon-254464. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Premier Auto Group Of Beaverton Mitsubishi, Oregon

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

You have selective memory, Michelle.

AUTHOR: I Was The Sales Manager - (United States of America)

To keep this short, I will say that when you came in, you were very difficult to work with. You were demanding and expected a lot more than we could possible deliver. Your credit was horrible, and because of that, you couldn't have financed roller skates. That's why I let you know that we'd need a co-signer.

After you called your mom and got her information for us to look at, we saw that her credit was good enough to obtain financing, so we submitted your credit info together with hers to several lenders to see if we could get an approval. They all came back 'denied,' however, they would approve the loan if it was just in your mom's name. That's exactly what I explained to you. I let you know that the only way this will work is if mom buys the car for you. You said that you would call your mom and talk to her about it and then let me know. A week or so later, you said that you talked to mom and that she was ok with it, so I packaged the paperwork and FedEx'd it over. That was my biggest mistake in this whole deal, (besides spending hours trying to help you when we were grasping at straws to begin with)...I should have called and talked to your mom and made sure that you weren't lying to me...because you were. You never talked to her about it, which is why she was so pissed - with good reason.

You overwhelmed my brand new salesman, so I took over and spent WAY too much time trying my best to help you get transportation, and then you have the nerve to come here and spin it to sound like the big, bad dealership took advantage of you. We didn't treat you badly, Michelle...we tried like hell to help you get into a nice car. You just happened to lie and sabotage our efforts. I wish you the best of luck and hope you start paying your bills so you can one day buy a car without all the drama.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Here's the way to get some response from Premier Auto Group

AUTHOR: Rachael J - (U.S.A.)

You should file a complaint with the Attorney General - it definitely gets action from auto dealers. This Mitsubishi store is now closed but his company still has some stores so you should be able to get some response via this complaint still. Here's the link: http://www.doj.state.or.us/help/explain_consumer_complaint.shtml
Good luck!