Complaint Review: Premier Auto Import

Premier Auto Import Paul Livarchuk SCAM, LIES Portland, Oregon

*UPDATE Employee: Premier Auto Import

*Consumer Comment: All true

*Consumer Comment: Just look

*Consumer Comment: I tried to give you some very good advice on buying a used car....

*Author of original report: Sure, I could just not trust them

*Consumer Comment: Before you signed the contract...

*Consumer Comment: First time buying a used car?

DO NOT BUY A CAR FROM PAUL LIVARCHUK OR GEORGE.

I purchased a 2008 Cadillac from these guys in November 2011. I asked George point blank if the tires were in good shape - he said they had a lot of wear left. I asked why there was a rattling sound coming from the back and if that was the suspension - he said it was not the suspension but the trunk tire cover rattling.

Of course I took this car into Cadillac and they said that the suspension had two broken knuckles and all the tires needed to be replaced because they had no life left.

When I brought this clear misrepresentation and deception up to George he said that he is "not a mechanic" so what does he know. He then said that his boss Paul would call me back - obviously no call back.

It's one thing to hide something from a consumer, it's another thing to lie when you are asked something point-blank.

I would not recommend buying a car from these guys - there are hundreds of car dealerships in the Portland area - just save yourself the head ache and go somewhere else.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2011 09:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Premier-Auto-Import/Portland-Oregon-97220/Premier-Auto-Import-Paul-Livarchuk-SCAM-LIES-Portland-Oregon-795091. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Premier Auto Import

Premier Auto Import

AUTHOR: Premier Auto Import - (United States of America)

We sold a 2008 Cadillac CTS to Henry and his nickname is "Cadillac Man" on this site so that indicated he is pretty proud of the vehicle he now drives as he had an old Audi prior that he traded in. we realized after that his trade has ball bearings that are about to fall off which in turn could couse the wheel to fall off while driving and a licensed mechanic said not to drive it, as well as a check engine light that came on and there were other mechanical issues, in total it cost us close to $2,00.00 in repairs. Long story short, he came in, haggled until was able to make a deal at $6,000.00 below KBB or street value on the car. All he cared about was the price, he called the day prior to ask about the vehicle, we gave him general information and told him to come in and look at it, he came in, looked at the car in detail and test drove it. The car had full bumper to bumper warranty from the manufacturer because it was a 2008 Cadillac CTS with only 37k miles on it. The car is worth $26,000.00 and because Henry a steal we let it go for under $20,000.00! I mean who would not be happy with replacing a set of tires if they could save 6-7k? I would be very happy with a buy like that, but not Henry, he mentioned that there was a noise from the rear wheel, we did not know what the problem was and let him know that It was still under warranty and wouldnt cost anything to have checked out and repaired if needed. 2 days prior to that the Cadillac was at the Cadillac dealership and they did a service on it but they did not mention any tires needed replacing or anything else. Henry proceeded with the purchase happy as a clam and then calls us to tell us he took it someplace and they said tires needed replacing. We told Henry we could not replace the tires because we gave the car away below cost and that he looked at the tires and agreed to buy it for the right "deal" the issue with the noise was repaired under warranty some joint was broken and did not cost Henry anything so I dont know why he is complaining and making it sound big and expensive for him. He is not an honest person and to write names of individuals who did not even assist him in the purchase and badmouth a company that got him an awesome car for an awesome deal is very low for a proffesional who happens to be an attorney. I would not want him to represent me or anyone for that matter. If you would like more information please call us. We are a wholesale family owned business and we are Costco when it comes to car, we offer one on one service and do not hide any issues.  503-376-9333

All true

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

This is, unfortunately true, you cannot trust a car salesman in general.  There are some good ones but they are few and far between.

No, it does not excuse them in any way but that's the way the car sales industry is.  As wrong as it is, we just have to learn to deal with them as they are.  The above advice is good. You have to do lots of homework, take lots of precautions and don't take anything they say at face value.

I think most of us have had bad experiences and learned the hard way.

None of this is an insult to you, it's just reality I'm sad to say.

Just look

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"It's one thing to hide something from a consumer"

The tires weren't hidden.

I tried to give you some very good advice on buying a used car....

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

but, you can do it any way you want...it really worked well for you this time, didn't it?

"What you are saying is you just shouldn't trust these guys."

That's EXACTLY what I'm saying.  Why do you think used car salesmen have such bad reputations.

Have you heard the saying "A car salesmans word isn't worth the paper it's written on?

"Yeah, the contract protects them but does that really excuse their out and out lying about the product they were selling me?"

"I don't think it does - it is just bad business, bad business practices, and out and out lying."

You basically described the used car sales business.  If you want to view through rose-colored glasses and take their "word" for ANYTHING, you are in for more disappointments.

I hope you'll at least consider what I've posted here...it's not meant to ridicule you in any way.

Going somewhere else isn't going to be much different.

Sure, I could just not trust them

AUTHOR: CadillacGuy - (United States of America)

These are all fine comments. What you are saying is you just shouldn't trust these guys.  I mean, isn't that the point of this forum - The idea is that I should be able to take a Business Owner at their word is it not?

Before you signed the contract...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

what was your opinion on the tires when you inspected them?  Did you also check to see if the spare tire cover in the trunk WAS loose and rattling?

I would guess you didn't get a second opinion at a Cadillac dealership until AFTER you signed the contract....right?

Any promises you get from a salesman are said to only be worth the paper they're written on.

Use this experience for your next used car purchase....hope you enjoy your new car.

First time buying a used car?

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

" It's one thing to hide something from a consumer, it's another thing to lie when you are asked something point-blank "

It's very common for a used car salesman to lie about a car.  They are famous for it.

When buying a used car, it's up to the buyer to determine if the car is in acceptable condition.  Most used cars are sold "as is" without a warranty from the dealer.  That means you agree to take the car in whatever condition it is in.    Given that, it is imperative that you have a prospective purchase inspected by a trusted mechanic BEFORE you buy it.   That is the only way to protect your interests in the transaction.   This is particularly important if your mechanical knowledge does not extend to the point that you can identify worn out tires by looking at them.

What you experienced is very common in the used car industry.  It is the most common complaint about car dealers on this site.

Sales staff know that the contracts are written to specifically exclude anything they told you about the car.  Therefore, they will always minimize any issue you bring up.   They know that once you sign the contract it'll be your problem, and their primary job is to make the sale.