Complaint Review: Premier Benefits - Call One - Buyers Union

• Submitted: Tue, July 26, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, July 26, 2005

• Reported By:Xenia Ohio
Premier Benefits - Call One - Buyers Union
1442 East Lincoln Ave Orange, California U.S.A.

Premier Benefits - Call One - Buyers Union ripoff, scam artist extraordinaire, $3.95 turned into $150.00 Orange California

I was contacted in October 2004 by a lady telling me that I had been chosen to receive $200 in shopping vouchers and a calling card. All this for $3.95, (if it sounds to good to be true... it probably is). I went through their verification process, asking numerous times if I was only going to be charged $3.95.

I provided them my account information as they said it was the only way they had to get payment. As they took me through the recorded verification process they offered me several of their other "products" which I declined repeating myself that I only wanted the original offer for $3.95.

Imagine my surprise when approximately 10 days later I get something from Buyers Union (not authorized) that said I was going to be charged 119.90 to activate it and thank you for my interest. I called as soon as I got the information and cancelled it. The representative told me, "good, we caught it in time, you haven't been charged yet."

I got an overdraft statement from my bank a week later and I checked my account and 11/7/04, the day that I contacted Buyers Union was the same day that both charges went through.

I immediately contacted Premier Benefits and politely requested a refund and explained the situation. I also explained to them that due to their error, I was charged an overdraft fee that I expected to have refunded as well. They sent me 2 forms giving them "permission" to give me my money back.

I have lost track of the number of calls I've made since then, but... needless to say I have still not received my money back. In December of 2004 I was told I would be getting my overdraft fee back. Now I'm being told that I will not because the company has changed their policy.

DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY... IF YOU HAVE AN AIR HORN HANDY, POINT IT AT THE RECEIVER AND BLOW THE REPRESENTATIVE'S EAR DRUM OUT. THEY ARE CONIVING LIARS WHO ARE IN THE BUSINESS OF STEALING WHAT IS NOT RIGHTFULLY THEIRS AND NOT PROVIDING THE SERVICE PROMISED.

p.s.--the shopping vouchers were not as advertised, they were a sort of rebate thing that required you to send a receipt to them and they might send you up to $20.00 per month, up to $200.00 for the year.

Raymond
Xenia, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2005 04:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Premier-Benefits-Call-One-Buyers-Union/Orange-California-92865/Premier-Benefits-Call-One-Buyers-Union-ripoff-scam-artist-extraordinaire-395-turne-151345. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Premier Benefits - Call One - Buyers Union