Complaint Review: Premier Benefits, Call One Unlimited, Movie Passes, Anna Roberts #119

• Submitted: Tue, April 19, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, April 19, 2005

• Reported By:Springfield Missouri
Premier Benefits, Call One Unlimited, Movie Passes, Anna Roberts #119
Nationwide U.S.A.

Premier Benefits, One Call Unlimited, Movie Passes, Anna Roberts ripoff, promised shopping spree, now scared of fraudulent charges Nationwide

This company, Premier Benefits, called me up telling me that I have just won a $200 shopping spree, and that all I had to do was pay a $3.95 shipping and handling charge. I was skeptical but the lady who had a thick accent and was hard to understand assured me that I would only be charged the $3.95 and would get this $200 shopping spree to be used for clothes or food at participating locations.

She kept pushing for my checking account information which I was reluctant to give but she kept telling me that only 3.95 would be charged and that I could call up my bank to be assured that no more would be charged. I finally gave in because it sounded like a good deal. Then she transfered me over to customer service to confirm my the check transaction of 3.95 for my security purposes, then I was put on the line with a man that also had a thick accent, I did not catch his name, he told me that there would be questions ask to me to confirm what I had told the lady, her name she gave me was Anna Roberts, there where several questions which I had to answer promptly to.

I asked about the 3.95 which I said ok in exchange for this shopping spree, but then it told me that I would be automatically signed up for a calling card and some movie passes which I did not agree to. I had asked the lady if there was any catches to this shopping spree and she assured me that there wasn't. I was not happy and tried to cancel with the confirmation guy numerous times but he kept saying I needed to stay on the line and go through the questions again to get the tracking number so I could cancel.

Well I went through it again got this tracking number and then there was nobody on the line to talk to. I tried calling the number back but I got some lady that said she can't connect me to the telemarketer I talked to earlier and there was nothing she could do until the transaction went through. I went online and tried to look up the company and found this website with numerous people saying it is a complete scam and got nothing out of the deal but more money taken out of their account that expected.

This is outrageous, I realize I was stupid in being suckered in, but what can I do so they don't take my money, it happened today around 4:00pm. I've contacted my bank but the lady said it might be best to see how much they charge me for before I try a stop payment or anything. Then I went to the bank to see if I could close my account but they said even if I close my account I will still be responsible for any outstanding charges in the next 30 days. I'm not sure what to do, I can't believe these people got me.

Nicholas
Springfield, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2005 04:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Premier-Benefits-Call-One-Unlimited-Movie-Passes-Anna-Roberts-119/nationwide/Premier-Benefits-One-Call-Unlimited-Movie-Passes-Anna-Roberts-ripoff-promised-shopping-139453. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Premier Benefits, Call One Unlimited, Movie Passes, Anna Roberts #119