Complaint Review: Premier Benefits

• Submitted: Mon, February 14, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, February 14, 2005

• Reported By:Battlefield Missouri
Premier Benefits
1442 E. Lincoln Ave. Orange, California U.S.A.

Premier Benefits Ripoff sounded good but deceiving tactics Orange California

I received a phone call on a Sunday afternoon, not a likely time for telemarketers and the fact that I have an unlisted phone number, from a man calling himself Beck Jones with Premier Benefits. He offered me a $200 shopping spree to any store using $10 coupons for a small fee of $3.95. He had a very heavy foreign accent, possibly Middle Eastern. He described the program briefly making it hard to understand what the whole commitment was going to be. I was only aware of the $200 shopping program for $3.95 until I listened to the recording to verify my information. Beck persisted for my checking account information and one check number after giving me to his supervisor whose name was David and who also had a heavy accent.

After being transferred to the verification line, I was told that I would be recorded and to answer the questions after the recording verified my information. David stayed on the line also while this process was going on. In the recording, it tells you that, yes, you do get $200 worth of coupons to shop with but you are offered movie passes for a membership fee of $49.95 which will be deducted from you checking account after 30 days unless you call the 800 number to cancel within the 30 days. There were other programs offered as well for $119.95 and $149.95 for other mechandise with the same deduction after 30 days unless you cancelled. David told me before the recording started that he would answer any questions I had after the recording stopped. Well, after the recording stopped, we were 'conveniently' disconnected on their end! I thought that was a little fishy and waited for them to call back but never received a call. I continued doing what I was doing when they interrupted me.

Checking up on them online the next day, I discovered this website about it being a scam! I immediately called my credit union and stopped payment on the check number I had given them. I also made sure that no other transactions would be authorized to come out of my account by them. Thank you for the heads up before I was scammed out of my hard earned money! I am a single mom and have to watch every penny so this would have been devastating to me!

Battlefield, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2005 02:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Premier-Benefits/Orange-California-92865/Premier-Benefits-Ripoff-sounded-good-but-deceiving-tactics-Orange-California-131332. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Premier Benefits