Complaint Review: Premier Financial, Inc. International Claim Department

• Updated: Mon, March 09, 2009

• Reported By:Canonsburg Pennsylvania
Premier Financial, Inc. International Claim Department
857 Heron Rd. Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Premier Financial, Inc.,International Claim Department Western Union/Money Gram scammers who CLAIM I won a large sum of money.. fake check sent. Ottawa Ontario

I received a fake check for $4,975 with a letter that read, in part:

"Dear Winner" (If I just won thousands of dollars, why don't they even use my name?) "We are pleased to inform you that you are one of the declared winners of the INTERNATIONAL SHOPPING SWEEPSTAKES LOTTERY" promotions held on......" (I never entered any lottery! You can't win a lottery you never entered!)

"In accordance with our disbursment policy.....with instructions to release your funds to you after all clearance has been made. Enclosed is a check for $4,975 deducted from your winning, to enable you to pay the applicable GOVERNMENT TAXES on you big winning." (Wouldn't I be responsible for paying my own taxes? How "kind" of them to help me prepay my taxes! And do I owe taxes to Canada, though I live in the U.S.? Hmmm)

They went on to instruct me to pay my "tax" by means of MoneyGram or Western Union and gave me a claim number. I have heard of these before so did research, and I'm glad I didn't fall for this scam by these scumballs. Don't think you can cash the check! Your bank might cash it, but can hold you responsible when they discover the check was a fake. They also misspelled the word "advised", spelling it "advice" instead. Any legitimate winning notification would have taken the time to proof read.

The letter is signed "Mrs. Brenda Hicks", and another name included in the letter is "George Stanley, Claim Agent". Don't fall for it!

Karen
Canonsburg, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2009 11:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Premier-Financial-Inc-International-Claim-Department/Ottawa-Ontario-K1A-1A2/Premier-Financial-IncInternational-Claim-Department-Western-UnionMoney-Gram-scammers-w-432286. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Premier Financial, Inc. International Claim Department