Complaint Review: Premier Fitness

• Updated: Thu, August 16, 2007

• Reported By:London Ontario
Premier Fitness
5100 Dixie Rd. Mississauga, Ontario Canada

Premier Fitness - Mademoiselle Women's Fitness Cancelled membership a couple of years ago health/illness, now put into collections ripoff Mississauga Ontario

Had membership at Wellington Rd, London, ON location with promise that club would open closer to my home. A few months later had to cancel due to health/illness reasons. Cancelled membership!
Now a few years later I rec'd the following email:

Premier Fitness Inc. Accounts Receivables

IMMEDIATE ATTENTION
---------------------------

Dear NANCY,

Amount Due: $662.61

Our records indicate the amount owing above remains in arrears.

Please make immediate arrangement to settle your outstanding amount by choosing one of the two options stated below.

Please be advised that any account remaining outstanding for 45 days automatically is reported to Credit Bureau by our computer system and will become a part of your credit record for a 7 year Period and will have adverse affects on your credit rating.

Therefore, we would like to clean this matter up ASAP as we value your business and want to keep you as our member.

To further assist you in bringing your account into good standing we offer two options:

1. You can make your payments in person at your home club by Friday August 24, 2007.

2. You can mail your payment to our head office by Friday August 24, 2007.

Att: Accounts Receivable
5100 Dixie Rd. Mississauga, ON
L4W 1C9
905-602-9912 ex# 2268

Phoned & spoke to Kevin in the Mississauga office. Was told by Kevin that it was too bad that I thought I had cancelled as he had no record of my cancellation & that I indeed do owe the money.

He also told me that they had sent me a letter in Jan 2007, asking me to pay & offering me "a deal". Said they also sent one in April 2007. I did not receive either letter as they had my address as 432 not 423. They have waited until yesterday to email me. They would also have my phone number so could have phoned me two years ago!

I want this cancelled, however he is putting it into collections because he says I did not cancel. I have heard many horror stories about Premier Fitness, so I know I am not the only one with problems with them. He refused to reason with me at all! I am not able to use the services & have not been there since I cancelled the membership and will never set foot there again!

My solution is to have this cancelled & totally wiped off of my credit report if it has been put onto my report.

Nancm
London, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2007 01:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Premier-Fitness/Mississauga-Ontario-L4W-1C9/Premier-Fitness-Mademoiselle-Womens-Fitness-Cancelled-membership-a-couple-of-years-ago-268014. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Premier Fitness