Complaint Review: Premier Holiday Travel, Royal Holiday, Monterey Financial Services

• Submitted: Sat, April 04, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, April 04, 2009

• Reported By:Gilbert Arizona
Premier Holiday Travel, Royal Holiday, Monterey Financial Services
4095 Avenida De La Plata Oceanside, California U.S.A.

Premier Holiday Travel, Royal Holiday, Monterey Financial Services Want your credit ruined? Buy a Premier Holiday Travel Plan in Mexico. Fight with Monterey Financial!. Oceanside California

I, too, have been a victim of fraud in this case.

In July of 2004 while on vacation in Cancun, Mexico I signed up for a vacation plan through Premier Holiday Travel. After paying over $4,000 in to this plan and an assessment for maintenance of $500.00 (which made me suspicious), I attempted to make my first hotel reservation. This was for a free stay in Playa del Carmen that I had a certificate for.

At the time they quoted me a $175.00 per person per night charge for all inclusive services (food, etc.). These services were supposed to cost $40.00 - $75.00 per night according to my certificate. When I complained they lowered the price to $170.00 per person per night. This hotel was not located on the beach and the regular rack rate for it was most likely less than that amount. I knew then that it was a scam.

I wrote emails to two people at premier that I wanted to cancel my membership because they were a fraudulent organization. They then turned to account over to Monterey Financial. I cancelled the automatic credit card payments to them.

Monterey said that I had to cancel the contract in writing to them and I did so on October 23, 2005.

For the next two years I received harassing calls from a Mr. Kennedy at Monterey who threatened my credit and attempted to settle with me for a lesser amount. I refused to pay a dime more and they reported the account to the credit bureau. Just as I was thinking this was running out and would soon be removed from the report, they reported new charges for maintenance. Please understand that Premier does not own a single property that needs to be maintained by them. They are pocketing this money if people pay. I had NEVER received a bill or known about these maintenance charges.

In March of 2009 I was turned down for a refinance of my home because of what Monterey Financial put on my credit report. Everything else was perfect on the report.

Someone must do something about this unscrupulous partnership between Monterey and various fraudulent companies. They are collecting thousands of dollars from hundreds of victims

Andrea
Gilbert, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2009 06:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Premier-Holiday-Travel-Royal-Holiday-Monterey-Financial-Services/Oceanside-California-92056-5802/Premier-Holiday-Travel-Royal-Holiday-Monterey-Financial-Services-Want-your-credit-ruined-440891. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Premier Holiday Travel, Royal Holiday, Monterey Financial Services