Complaint Review: Premier HomePro

• Submitted: Mon, February 04, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, February 04, 2013

• Reported By: Deplorable Service — Silver Spring Maryland United States of America
Premier HomePro
7914 Wingate Drive Silver Spring, Maryland United States of America

Premier HomePro Alan Stevens POOR SERVICE, LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE Silver Spring, Maryland

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Breach of Contract

As a precursor, I should state that Alan will be defensive and perhaps be hostile after he reads this review.  In fact many previous reviewers have called Alan a bully... but rather than bring emotion to the review, I'll provide facts and details regarding missed meetings, lack of follow through, and our failed contract.

A contract was signed in October 2012 for two bathroom renovations.  Despite our request for measurements, floor plans and tile plans, none were provided.  On 11/7 we purchased tile per the contractor supervisor's direction, on our own without him present, and he simply had square footage written on paper for us to provide the tile shop.  To quote the supervisor, "it's a simple rip and replace".  He then disappeared and I reached out to Alan Stevens, the CEO, on 12/7 and he was ill until 12/12 and out of the office.  We finally connected on 12/13 and Alan stated that he would take over the job and the supervisor would be taken off our job.

To further complicate the issue, Alan was out of town on 12/17 - 12/27 and unavailable due to the holidays, I assume, and completely understood.  I was understanding and we agreed that we would move forward at the new year.  On 1/4/13, Alan was supposed to be at our home to discuss the project and he was a NO SHOW.  On 1/4, 1/5, 1/6, 1/7 Alan is ill once more.  On 1/9/13 I contact him and he is belligerent, yells and HANGS UP then he proceeds to tell me he's leaving the country to go on a cruise the next day!

Fast forward to February 2013...and on a positive note, the crew does show up and has integrity with their work ethic.  They have very little to work with since there are no floor plans and no tile plans, but do a great job.  However, we are at a stalemate with Alan 4 months later because he wants to reconcile and charge us for things we did not agree and note:  there are zero signed addendums AND he has $17,000 from us which a portion is a deposit to start bathroom number 2.  He refuses to give us a start date because we haven't reconciled the first project (which was quoted at $12,500).

My advice to others is do your homework and visit the Montgomery County Office of Consumer Complaints at www.montgomerycounty/consumer and note any pending complaints.  (We are currently working with the county as well.)  Also note that we are working with the state of Maryland Home Improvement Commission to tackle these issues so do research there as well (even though they "clear" disputes once they are resolved.  He may tout his super service awards on Angie's List but we are currently working with them for resolution.

We are not novices to the process after a kitchen remodel and master bath remodel - great experiences - so our expectation would be from Alan a simple request of detailed communication and contracting, professionalism, and simply getting involved so there aren't any surprises.  "A simple rip and replace" still haunts me and unfortunately, the saga still continues 4 months later with an unclear ending.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2013 08:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Premier-HomePro/Silver-Spring-Maryland-20905/Premier-HomePro-Alan-Stevens-POOR-SERVICE-LACK-OF-CUSTOMER-SERVICE-Silver-Spring-Marylan-1008894. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Premier HomePro

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Breach of Contract

AUTHOR: Premier homepro - ()

Client failed to abide by the terms and conditions of the agreement:

1) This client signed an agreement with terms and conditions that stated the following:  for both bathrooms they would pay 1/3 initial payment upon contract signing.  1/3 the first day of work and the balance upon completion. The client did not make the second installment until the first bathroom was complete to pay the second installment.

2) They agreed that all changes would be made through an addendum and paid for with the change order. They did not pay for the changes in materials and for materlal overages.

3) They breached the contract by closing off their home while a plumber did work in our work space which was a breach of contract.

4) They would not allow me or the sales rep into the space to allow inspections of our own men's work stating we scared them.  This set us up for customer relations failure.  Last year when the flu season hit, I had the flu for 4 weeks and made two trips to the hospital.  The client was outraged that I missed two meetings due to my condition and even when I explained I had to be hospitalized, she threw a fit.

5) After finishing the second bath to 100% completion, we offered them the remaining $2000 and they refused to take it as a settlement.  They wanted ALL their money back.

This is the real story.  We now know to rely on our first impressions of a client, If they appear crazy on the front end, they are a nightmare on the back end.