Complaint Review: Premier Publications

• Updated: Tue, April 27, 2010

• Reported By: Anonymous — Other United States of America
Premier Publications
PO Box 330309, Fort Worth, Texas Ft Worth, Texas United States of America

Premier Publications ~ By phone ,Our number is a DNC, Company's Rep falsely stated they were part of VISA/MC in FL but were calling from 757-766-2122 in NewPort News VA. They stated we were entered in a "Dream Sweepstak Ft Worth, Texas

Mid-day today, 4-27-2010, we received a cell call from a male saying that he was from VISA/MasterCard.  We are on the Federal Do Not Call List and do not get solicitiations except from the companies we already do business with.  So I thought perhaps it truly was VISA/MC calling...so I listened.  He said we were entered in a Dream Sweepstakes "congratulations" and went on to say that our address is: "..."  I was surprised he even had an address for us.  I didn't say a word to confirm or deny the address.  He asked if my age was between 18 & 50.  I laughed at such a crazy question.  He added that he is 51 so he's just over that line but added that was ok.  I said nothing...  He continued by saying that he would be sending a ladies diamond watch and that he wouldn't be asking for any form of credit card info.  I stated "good thing!"  I asked him where the company is located, he said Florida.  (But the area code on my caller ID did not look like Florida) Then he proceeded to ask me if I was married, single or divorced.  I didn't answer saying I couldn't understand why he needed that.  He said it was in order to also send a men's diamond watch.  I didn't respond.  He then told me he had some magazines they would also be sending free...  I said "Oh no, stop there."  We're not interested...We don't read magazines and are not interested in any magazines.  That's it, good-by".  He thanked me and hung up very politely, not insistance or pressure.  Hopefully I won't hear from them again.  On our caller ID it said: 757-766-2122 and that comes back as a New Port News, VA land line.  I'm assuming the person calling is just an at home telemarketer who is calling from a list for this company in order solicite magazines.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2010 03:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Premier-Publications/Ft-Worth-Texas-76163/Premier-Publications-By-phone-Our-number-is-a-DNC-Companys-Rep-falsely-stated-they-w-597447. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Premier Publications