Complaint Review: Premier Savings

• Submitted: Tue, November 11, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, November 11, 2008

• Reported By:port angeles Washington
Premier Savings
4400 N. Scottsdale Rd., Suite 9, #259 Scottsdale, Arizona U.S.A.

Premier Savings These are the worst kind of THEIVES; legal ones Scottsdale Arizona

I've been had. I was called late on a Thursday by a very slick telemarketer calling herself Barbara Jesman. I'm embarrassed to say that I fell for it. I'm desperate, in a lot of debt, and when she said it was quite likely that I could secure a low-interest line of credit large enough to fit my entire high-interest debt onto, I was thrilled. I obviously wasn't thinking too clearly. I had misgivings the next day, but waited to get my informational package. Big mistake! once you've waited a couple of days, apparently it is practically impossible to get your money back!

Anyway, the following Monday I lost my job. Life just keeps getting more difficult. I called Premier Savings, explained that my circumstances had changed and that I was not eligible for credit from any bank, and that I was having serious misgivings regarding their services anyway. As they have rendered no services, I felt that I was righteous enough asking for a full refund.

The woman on the phone said she wasn't a manager, that the manager was at her birthday party, wouldn't give me her last name, but that the Premier Savings refund policy is that you must first be denied by three banks, then they'll refund you only 40% of the $439 dollars they charged. I explained that I was no longer eligible for their services anyway, and that, as I have not given them enough information for them to render services, I didn't understand how they could require me to apply (taking their time, a bank's time, and my time) for something that I am no longer eligible for. She was patronizing, demeaning, laughed at me, and said that they could not issue any refund at all if I did not apply to the banks.

I requested that a manager please call me back. Hasn't happened. I call them, but am asked for my phone number and then told someone will call me back, and then no one calls. To hell with them.

So without rendering any services, Premier Savings has officially taken $439 from me, and now won't return my calls. I've called my credit card companies and asked for dispute forms, but from what I understand, I'm too late to really do much of anything.

Anyone who takes money that has not been earned is a thief. I don't care about the legality of it, ethically it is quite clear that these people are really bad sorts. That they CAN pocket my money without doing anything to earn it is criminal, and that they WOULD pocket my money without doing anything to earn it is simply despicable.

I will certainly be filing as many complaints as I can against them. I'll try BBB, FTC, the AZ attorney general, the WA attorney general, and as many places like this website as I can find.

I was duped. Be smarter than I was!

I notice that though there are a lot of rebuttals to the complaints here, they all pretty much say that you, the Premier Savings client, should pay better attention to the terms on the phone and read more closely the package that they send you. The only reason for this that I can imagine is of course that they don't really have any rebuttal besides telling you that they are stealing your money quite legally!

In the back of the package I received it says:

"Information and benefit service only. Premier Savings is not directly or indirectly offering to procure a loan or credit card. It is understood that by using this program you are acting on your own. Accordingly, the publisher, author, and distributor shall have neither liability nor responsibility to any party for any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused by use of this program. It is understood by you that the publisher, author and distributor are not engaged in rendering legal, accounting, or financial services."

WOAH! Too bad the telemarketer didn't start her babbling with that instead of blond jokes. I would've run the other way. But I didn't get that until the charges were already complete and more than three days had passed.

So, best of luck to everyone. If we can do anything to bring this company and everyone in it down, please let me in on it. I'm just shocked that this kind of nonsense is legal.

Justin
port angeles, Washington

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Premier Savings

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2008 02:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Premier-Savings/Scottsdale-Arizona-85251/Premier-Savings-These-are-the-worst-kind-of-THEIVES-legal-ones-Scottsdale-Arizona-390188. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Premier Savings